What is Your Best "I'll Never Forget It" Moment in Alabama Football?

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
For me it's the 1992 National Championship game when George Teague ran down Miami's big mouth receiver and swiped the ball from him. It doesn't matter that there was an earlier infringement and the down was replayed. Without that "grand larceny" by Teague the play would have ended in a touchdown with Miami declining the penalty. This was my first national championship game and will always be my most memorable although the onside kick vs. Clemson comes close.

XXIII

Scout Team
Feb 3, 2011
Atlanta, GA
The entire 2009 season was pretty incredible, but the Florida win and Ingram's Heisman speech were the most unforgettable moments for me.

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
For the record, I've attended fifteen Alabama games in person. The Tide is 14-1 in those 15 games, with the only loss coming during (wait for it) the Dubious Years (specifically 1998 vs Miss St). Even the one Shula game I attended - the 2006 Cotton Bowl - we looked lackluster but won.

And while Coach Stallings DID win a national title, I don't miss his constant "winning ugly" teams that do ridiculous things like only lead La Tech 6-0 in the fourth, only lead Tulane 6-0 at the half, and need final second miracles to beat Vandy and USM. In fact - come to think of it - I've never seen an Alabama game with a close final score at the end during the Saban years.

In fact, in five of the Saban games, the opponent hasn't scored a touchdown (two of which were shutouts btw) and in another game the only TD was scored late against the second-string defense.
My Dad said of that game, "If that goal post had another coat of paint on it, we'd of lost that game." I still laugh everytime I see a replay of that kick. God bless that extra muffin Jamie Christensen ate that morning:)

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
My Dad said of that game, "If that goal post had another coat of paint on it, we'd of lost that game." I still laugh everytime I see a replay of that kick. God bless that extra muffin Jamie Christensen ate that morning:)

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

The joy of that game was seeing the utter looks of shock on Tech fans' face.

This was a team that topped 56 points five times entering the Cotton Bowl (they should have considered the foes). They topped 30 two other times and nobody had held them to less than 17 points that year.

They had 3 until the closing minutes against us. They looked like they didn't know whether to do number two or go blind.

dirtroadlizard

All-SEC
Nov 3, 2011
Bunker Creek , FL
October 8, 1977 #7 Bama vs #1 USC in Los Angeles.
Bama won 21-20 and my brother got tickets in the middle of the USC student section. The Johnny Walker consumed distorts the memory somewhat!

Bamaparrotheads

3rd Team
Jan 27, 2011
Madison, AL
1984 Rory Turner "waxed the dude" was my first Iron Bowl. I was so excited I couldn't sleep the night before. We had some family friends who were Auburn fans who had already made reservations in NOLA. I can remember my dad telling them, "Well, Mud Island will probably just as good."

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
I have limited experience...haha.. so I'll go with the A$M game last year and Wilson'***** on Speedy Noil, because I am not a Noil fan at all. Yet, I feel kind of bad for him that he made a dumb decision and went undrafted.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
This One's For You, Bear!

1986: First Bama game I ever attended in person . . . time winding down with Alabama ahead of Notre Dame 28-10 when the banner starts making it's way around Legion Field. Still gives me goose bumps just thinking about it. More memorable to me than "The Sack" which happened during the game.

RollTideinGA

All-SEC
Jun 25, 2002
GA
I have a few that come to mind taking only from games I attended:

1986 vs Notre Dame at Legion- The Sack, I'll never forget being focused in on Bennett as he rounded the corner and BOOM!
1988 vs Penn State at Legion- Derrick Thomas wrecking havoc on their poor QB.
2002 vs UGA at BDS - Charlie Peprah's pick-6 that took the lead was one of the loudest moments Ive heard at BDS.
2010 BCSCG in Pasadena - Not only winning the title, but the big plays from Dareus, the sack, Ingram & Richardson's long runs.

wishbonedays

1st Team
Mar 30, 2003
Hanceville, AL, USA
www.wfl1974.com
Wow...so many, but here's the pared-down list...
1985 Iron Bowl
1971 Iron Bowl...I was (and remain) a huge Johnny Musso fan, so that game was huge for a 9 year-old Bama fan that I was.
1986 ND...practically had to beg my brother-in-law to go with me, as I had an extra ticket...now he crows about being there with me and seeing "The Sack"
1975 Florida State...I've covered this before...very sweet memories with my dad & grandfather.
1972 Tennessee...I thought we were done for
1973 Tennessee...Gary Rutledge, Wayne Wheeler, Robin Cary, Wilbur Jackson...what a day!
2009 Tennessee
1992 Miami...last game I ever watched with my grandmother...very special.
1983 Memphis State...first game I ever attended with my wife. (after 35 years, still yelling Roll Tide together)

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Marcell Dareus running the INT back against Texas. I was heading to the beer line in the Rose bowl and never saw it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.