Baseball Moderator
Staff member
Jun 23, 2000
Tuscaloosa , AL USA
diamondtide.tidefans.com
The game has been canceled and will not be made up this season

5/8/2017

TUSCALOOSA, AL –
Alabama baseball's originally scheduled matchup at Samford for Tuesday night has been canceled. The two teams will not make up the game this season.

The Crimson Tide and Bulldogs were originally scheduled for a 6 p.m. CT first pitch at Joe Lee Griffin Field in Birmingham on Tuesday evening, but the game was canceled through a mutual agreement between the two schools with Alabama initiating the cancelation. The series will resume for the 2018 season as part of a five-year, home-and-home series extension that was made this afternoon.

Next up for Alabama is a Wednesday matchup with the Grambling Tigers on Wednesday, May 10, at Sewell-Thomas Stadium. The Crimson Tide's final non-conference pairing is slated for a 6 p.m. CT start.

-UA-

RTR,

Diamond Tide
:biga:

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Sorry but, Goff is a wuss! A chicken scared to lose another game to Samford! I'm sure his excuse is his kids are beat... Well, he didn't have to let Webb catch 32 innings in 24 hours. He didn't have to let Suchey chuck 60+ in game one and come back 6 hours later and throw 20?more. Send walkons, kids who rarely play and give them a shot. Even if you tell Samford this is a 5 inning game.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
While I kind of agree with you, Wylie, I would imagine our guys are pretty tired by now with a huge series ahead with UF. It does seem odd that they'd rather play the Wednesday game than the Tuesday one.

rtr

baseballfanatic

1st Team
Oct 30, 2008
While I kind of agree with you, Wylie, I would imagine our guys are pretty tired by now with a huge series ahead with UF. It does seem odd that they'd rather play the Wednesday game than the Tuesday one.

rtr
Especially considering we used a lot of arms this weekend, and on top of that we're running a fairly depleted bullpen.

But agreed it is odd that we would not choose to rest them all week.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
It said the Samford game was part of a series and it was just extended. If Grambling was a one game deal, it may have been a bigger headache to get out of.

That being said, it seems like they'd have taken a check to avoid the long drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Considering this will be Grambling's last game before a week off and the SWAC Tourney, I imagine they wouldn't want to cancel the game. But I still don't know why we would want to cancel any game at this point. We need all the help we can get!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.