Early Signing Period Approved ( December )

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I guess the Big Ten got their way as they don't like to have kids on campus in January because the weather is awful. This particularly impacts players from the south who are used to warmer climates, One stipulation needs to be added and that is a kid can revoke his early signing decision if the coaching staff leaves a particular school. I know everyone says the kid is signed with the school and not the coaching staff but that is really codswallop. I mean why would kids come all the way from New England or California if it were not for Coach Saban. These kids dream of the NFL and being coached by the best is a huge stepping stone to realizing that dream.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I guess the Big Ten got their way as they don't like to have kids on campus in January because the weather is awful. This particularly impacts players from the south who are used to warmer climates, One stipulation needs to be added and that is a kid can revoke his early signing decision if the coaching staff leaves a particular school. I know everyone says the kid is signed with the school and not the coaching staff but that is really codswallop. I mean why would kids come all the way from New England or California if it were not for Coach Saban. These kids dream of the NFL and being coached by the best is a huge stepping stone to realizing that dream.
It`ll be interesting to see how that`s fought out. The universities themselves may have problems with allowing this, although I personally think it`s a legitimate issue and it`s going to have to be resolved. There may have been, but I don`t recall seeing anything from the NCAA that specifically addresses this in relation to the early signing period.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Since the early signing period is only a little more than a month before the second NSD, I'm not sure it's really doable. At least with basketball, the first signing period is in November with the second in April. Therefore, basketball recruits are able to see what coaches do job wise and ask for a release if they want.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Since the early signing period is only a little more than a month before the second NSD, I'm not sure it's really doable. At least with basketball, the first signing period is in November with the second in April. Therefore, basketball recruits are able to see what coaches do job wise and ask for a release if they want.
Why I suggested a kid can revoke his early signing decision is that most firings and hirings come either after the end of the season or after a team's bowl game. If a kid signed with a school and then the coach is fired at the beginning of January, the kid is stuck. Of course, all the elite athletes will still go with the February signing day as they have the pick of schools to attend.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Why I suggested a kid can revoke his early signing decision is that most firings and hirings come either after the end of the season or after a team's bowl game. If a kid signed with a school and then the coach is fired at the beginning of January, the kid is stuck. Of course, all the elite athletes will still go with the February signing day as they have the pick of schools to attend.
You may well be correct, but it`ll be really interesting to see if it turns out that way. Is there universal agreement from the board on this?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.