United in the news again...trapping passengers on a plane with no AC or toilets

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
For 5 hours in Miami. These folks just aren't learning are they?

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...hours-no-air-conditioning-water-food-toilets/

They did that to my flight coming out of B'ham last fall. I was flying back to H'town from a business trip and we pushed away from the gate and then stopped. We sat there for an hour (fortunately it was November). The pilot came on and said that due to the storms, they were getting re-routed. An hour? You pushed away from the gate knowing there were storms coming and sat there?

Anyway, we went back to the gate so they could add more fuel as we were going to fly up to Missouri, then come around/behind the storm and take an extra hour and half to 2 hours. Once they hit the gate, people started hopping off like crazy.

I'm not sure what's going on, but some heads need to start rolling.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
For 5 hours in Miami. These folks just aren't learning are they?

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...hours-no-air-conditioning-water-food-toilets/

They did that to my flight coming out of B'ham last fall. I was flying back to H'town from a business trip and we pushed away from the gate and then stopped. We sat there for an hour (fortunately it was November). The pilot came on and said that due to the storms, they were getting re-routed. An hour? You pushed away from the gate knowing there were storms coming and sat there?

Anyway, we went back to the gate so they could add more fuel as we were going to fly up to Missouri, then come around/behind the storm and take an extra hour and half to 2 hours. Once they hit the gate, people started hopping off like crazy.

I'm not sure what's going on, but some heads need to start rolling.
some of it has to do with the stupidity of FAA Regulations and how they affect airlines. Some of it is is bureaucratic stupidity, some is "not my job" stupidity and then there is just all around general stupidity. You should know for instance that if your plane pulls away from the gate and then stops and sits for 5 hours the FAA logs that as leaving "on time" as long as it pulled away from the gate by the time it was supposed to have taken off. That's why you sit on the runway rather than connected to the jetway.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.