Questions for all the Bobby Cox wannabes

HolyCow

3rd Team
Mar 27, 2010
Field of Dreams
With all the injuries to date, I believe it was a minor miracle for this team to sweep the Barners at their park. I give much credit to CGG and his staff and also the players for staying positive and not quitting. With that said. I would like to know who should have pitched on Sunday to get the same result, a win? Rogers pitched in games 2 and 3. Suchey pitched early in game one and pitched the 15th inning to get a save for the sweep. Why have no players quit the team if as some report with no evidence that Goff is related to the prince of darkness. I found interesting that the preview story on the Auburn series had zero comments. With the quote about Webb from CGG saying he has worked hard, kept his mouth shut and waited for his opportunity. Sounds like some other players who were getting most of the starts were tattling to their folks about pickles and other lame things that did nothing but get them benched and cause issues in the dugout. Anyone tell me how it helps the team? I am hoping for some more wins this weekend and next. Feel free to correct me on facts with your own facts not rumors.

Last edited:

HolyCow

3rd Team
Mar 27, 2010
Field of Dreams
Another question. Who in the heck should start tomorrow night? All I know is the arms are tired save for a couple young guys. Just glad I am not making the decision. Roll the Tigers!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
So you want facts and not rumors on something that hasn't been reported yet? That's an easy way to get to say "Ha! You're wrong and I knew it!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
Well, have no answer for who should start or anything personnel related.

I just know what some have reported on here and if true (I have no way of proving it right or wrong) then we need to change direction in staff. Now if it has been falsely reported or taken out of context (which may be the case) then we will see what happens. I just look at the history Goff has had and can't help but think that he has won pretty much every where he has gone. He has had to do some not so nice work (run people off/make players quit/encourage to leave the program which are part of the job) to change a program to what he wants it to be. Then again, he gets paid to be legal bout it and to have wins. Failure on either of those parts is gonna get him fired. I think we can all agree, we aren't as bad as we have showed this year but we are no where near a top 3 SEC program either. His job is to get us there.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
My question is exactly how good is this roster and did we play to that level? We were 15-15 last year with a much easier SEC schedule and with more pitching, but did anyone in their right mind think we would be historically bad? We swept the Aubs. Hooray. Everyone is happy we swept the Aubs, except the Aubs. But if we lose out in the league (assuming we can win today) we are looking at <20 wins overall and 5-25 in the league. And the continual base running blunders, errors in the field, and pitchers throwing the ball all over the place has to make you, me or anyone else who follows this stuff scratch our heads and ask ourselves how we are better off now than we were with a coach that almost every single Tide fan was ready to show the door?

It is that simple: are we a better program with Goff than we were with a coach we kept at least three seasons too long?

rtr

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
So you want facts and not rumors on something that hasn't been reported yet? That's an easy way to get to say "Ha! You're wrong and I knew it!"
If not for Game 3 of the series, methinks Scooter Jr. ("Holy Cow!") might've been obliquely asking if college baseball had ever had its own version of the 1919 Black Sox? (Maybe the Black Anguses for the Cow College?)

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
In regards to Goff, anyone who was there at the Ole Miss game as the players got on the bus couldn't happen but hear his "......ned pickles" comment.

Anyone who was at the aTm series sitting anywhere near the 3B dugout could hear the f-bombs and G'Ds berated towards Webb after a bad news bear display behind the plate.

The fact compliance has spoken to him more than once regarding scholarship numbers is NOT a rumor.

He has had a Bobby Knight moment on multiple occasions. I'd expect more to come out once the season ends.

The players are playing for themselves and beating AU was the players, not Goff.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
It was not a recap. It was by Ben Jones on Tidesports and posted before the series. By the way, I prefer Matlock over Mason.
Ahhh I get it. I guess you thought more highly of that story than anyone else did. Either way, they are rarely posted on but next time I'll be sure to post. That way next time you won't get sour on us.

Last edited:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Walk-off GS ends game, in the 8th, as the mercy rule kicks in. (12-2)

Second GS, of the game.

There.................saved the need for a game thread!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.