News Article: Don't forget about B.J. Emmons in Alabama running back competition

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Click

"You're a truck," Dillon Sain told B.J. Emmons when he saw the Alabama running back earlier this week.

It was the first time they had seen each other since November. Noticeable immediately for Sain was how much broader and more muscular Emmons looked in the upper body.

After weighing about 210 pounds as a freshman last season, the 6-foot sophomore running back is up to a muscular 237 pounds, is only eight percent body fat and has told Sain that he feels faster than ever. That's notable considering a then-232-pound Emmons ran the 40-yard dash in 4.43 seconds at the Under Armour All-America Combine when he was in high school.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Last year, I (re)learned that it is difficult to have too many good running backs.
I hope the glut at that position continues into next January and beyond, but TB is a punishing position. I'm glad we have a number of good ones.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Won't be surprised if there might be a transfer from the RB corps, a hazard of having a glut of stellar RBs. Hard to hold on to a good back who's looking for carries and not getting them because of the logjam.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
His name constantly came up in discussion as he was one of them that might transfer due to his foot injury. I believe this will be hard fought battle for playing time this fall with Harris and Robinson in mix for playing time. I think BJ was wise to stick around for the upcoming season. Let's see how the summer workout goes...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
No way Harris redshirts - does a healthy Emmons mean a redshirt for Robinson?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Robinson played extremely well this spring. if the new rules pass... I say let the freshmen play first 4 games and see how it shakes out. Saban tends to play some of freshmen and see if they are ready early on and then sometime they don't see playing time for rest of the year.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I really don't know how this works itself out. Obviously, injuries and transfers could clear it up quickly but I wonder what the strategy is if they are all healthy and stay. Bo is clearly deserving of the most reps IMO but after that? No clue. These guys are all incredibly talented. It's really interesting because arguably the most limited of our RBs was RB 1 most of last year. Maybe "limited" is the wrong word but couldn't think of a better one.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
There is no such thing as too many tailbacks. We may just need the entire depth chart if the bounces are bad in 2017.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.