Tenn Judge rules that "husband" not only a term for men

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Sorry, but the judge is wrong, wrong, wrong. No woman (no offense to the women on this board) shall ever be refer to as a "husband". I mean, come on now. Their getting the word marriage redefined (I prefer the term union, when it comes to the gays/lesbians), they don't need to get male terms redefined like husband.

Come on, now. Oh right, I am a white, straight, male, and I need to learn my place in the new order. I need to sit down, shut up and color. When the century turn 2000, the country went straight down the toilet. I'm only 36 and yet I feel like a dinosaur.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Right now in academia, it's not uncommon to have preferred pronouns in an email signature. I was talking about this very thing with some fellow instructors/professors at graduation on Saturday. One colleague referred to an email he received from a professor @ another institution which had the following in the email signature (I don't remember her real name & school):

Dr. Jane Doe
Somewhere University
(Preferred Personal Pronouns: she & her)

Others said they've noticed too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Right now in academia, it's not uncommon to have preferred pronouns in an email signature. I was talking about this very thing with some fellow instructors/professors at graduation on Saturday. One colleague referred to an email he received from a professor @ another institution which had the following in the email signature (I don't remember her real name & school):

Dr. Jane Doe
Somewhere University

"Preferred Personal Pronouns" a new series brought to you with limited commercial and political interruptions by the same people who gave you "Common Core: It's How You Feel"

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Dr. Jane Doe
Somewhere University

Thank goodness none of my kid's professors at Alabama have done this - I'm not sure how I would respond, but I would not be pleased.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
"Preferred Personal Pronouns" a new series brought to you with limited commercial and political interruptions by the same people who gave you "Common Core: It's How You Feel"
It ends with a word not appropriate for TF so I cant link to YouTube but google 'Shameless, gender identity scene' which goes into personal pronouns you have never thought of.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Thank goodness none of my kid's professors at Alabama have done this - I'm not sure how I would respond, but I would not be pleased.
The University does, however, now ask students for their preferred pronoun, and you can change it whenever you want. It's on the mybama page.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.