Rolando McClain arrested again

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009
No, not so much of a surprise as just an observation. I fully understand that some of these kids come from stunningly crappy backgrounds. I guess I just hope that the lessons they have an opportunity to learn will stick. I suppose in some cases their upbringings ( or lack thereof ) is just too much to overcome.
I for one am sad for him...grown man or not. I'm sad that he might not be able to escape that hole he has dug for himself. The one in his head from his upbringing, and the one he is doing to himself now. It is looking like self-destruct mode, total scorched earth policy. He ain't stupid we all know that. Demons or not he is battling something I really hope he LIVES through, with or without football.

ecraj

Scout Team
Jan 24, 2009
Florence, AL
Many of us had a bad upbringing, but when you are given money, fame and the good life then it's your opportunity to do good things with the blessings you have been given. Unfortunately Ro has a hard time realizing just how fortunate of a life he has been given and worked so hard to obtain.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Many of us had a bad upbringing, but when you are given money, fame and the good life then it's your opportunity to do good things with the blessings you have been given. Unfortunately Ro has a hard time realizing just how fortunate of a life he has been given and worked so hard to obtain.

Ping-ponging back to Earle - it just doesn't always work this way. There are social scientists and policy makers and ministers who are working hard to figure this out but right now it's just not solved.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Some people are wired in such a way that they are capable of walking away from their "crew". Some are not. Some friends will allow you to walk away if you so desire. Some make it much more difficult. Sometimes it is the people who you miss and are drawn back to, but most times it is the life. Pull away, but the draw to return is just stronger in some.

I don't have any answers. I am just thankful that my boys didn't fall in with the wrong people as they grew up.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Ro has an alpha dog mentality more than anything. He is always going to find himself on these type situations because of that need. He properly should consider some career in law enforcement to scratch that itch and do something positive with his life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I read the coverage in the local newspaper in Decatur. Ro's lawyer mentioned Ro was going to see about his children when he was released from jail. I see lots of people criticizing him because he can't walk away from his hometown. Sometimes life is not so simple. Walking away from Decatur would also involve ignoring or walking away from his kids. My understanding is that there are several mothers involved, so he can't simply move the family out of Decatur to be with him.

I'm not defending Ro...I'm disgusted with him. I'll prolly get voted off the island again for saying this, but my poor opinion of him is based to a great extent on his insistence on carrying a gun around when he's already been to court over an incredibly stupid use of a handgun not that far back in his personal history.

One last point I'd like to make...a while back al.com rated the top speed traps in the state, Decatur was the second worst. They had statistics pointing out the odds of getting pulled over in Decatur verses the surrounding communities, it looked bad for Decatur folks. Ro was stopped in Hartselle this time, not Decatur. But Hartselle is just a short drive up the highway, and often follows Decatur's lead.
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/05/9_worst_speed_trap_cities_in_a.html

What I would advise Ro...drop the gangbanger hangers-on, stop carrying a gun around, and try to be a responsible parent. He might also make a nice donation to a local police charity fund, or consider hiring a professional driver. And for Heaven's sake, get the tint off his windows if he wants to live a more normal type life. And be sure to keep his tag lights and turn signals in operating condition if he wants to live in Decatur.

It's beyond frustrating to see somebody who has the financial means to have a wonderful life throw it away when so many others are doing everything right and still struggling, but somehow avoid multiple misdemeanor arrests.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
None of you should be surprised by this, but we should all be saddened by it.
I am no longer saddened by it. I only hope they lock up the thug before he does harm to innocent people. If he wants to destroy his own life, I say go right ahead. When he becomes a public nuisance and a threat to law abiding citizens, I say get him off the streets. Before anyone starts the public outcry for him, just imagine that the person or people he harms next are your children.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
And if murder wasn't a crime Charles Manson wouldn't have been hassled by the man about that minor Sharon Tate issue either......
Exactly. I love how the apologists never want anyone to be held accountable, and the excuses come flying to defend people who constantly make mistake after mistake. Hey, if we take all crimes offf the books, our crime rate will drop to zero. Woohoo, the crime rate would be zero, yet the bad people of the world would run amok and create havoc. Oh well, that's where we seem to be headed these days. Good luck, Ro, I'm sure it is someone else's fault that you are a criminal.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I read the coverage in the local newspaper in Decatur. Ro's lawyer mentioned Ro was going to see about his children when he was released from jail. I see lots of people criticizing him because he can't walk away from his hometown. Sometimes life is not so simple. Walking away from Decatur would also involve ignoring or walking away from his kids. My understanding is that there are several mothers involved, so he can't simply move the family out of Decatur to be with him.

I'm not defending Ro...I'm disgusted with him. I'll prolly get voted off the island again for saying this, but my poor opinion of him is based to a great extent on his insistence on carrying a gun around when he's already been to court over an incredibly stupid use of a handgun not that far back in his personal history.

One last point I'd like to make...a while back al.com rated the top speed traps in the state, Decatur was the second worst. They had statistics pointing out the odds of getting pulled over in Decatur verses the surrounding communities, it looked bad for Decatur folks. Ro was stopped in Hartselle this time, not Decatur. But Hartselle is just a short drive up the highway, and often follows Decatur's lead.
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/05/9_worst_speed_trap_cities_in_a.html

What I would advise Ro...drop the gangbanger hangers-on, stop carrying a gun around, and try to be a responsible parent. He might also make a nice donation to a local police charity fund, or consider hiring a professional driver. And for Heaven's sake, get the tint off his windows if he wants to live a more normal type life. And be sure to keep his tag lights and turn signals in operating condition if he wants to live in Decatur.

It's beyond frustrating to see somebody who has the financial means to have a wonderful life throw it away when so many others are doing everything right and still struggling, but somehow avoid multiple misdemeanor arrests.
I would think with his money he could swing some good lawyers and change that visitation quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
And if we didn't have speed limits, I could go as fast I wanted.

We might not agree with a law, but we have to abide by them or suffer the consequences.

Yup..I may not agree with the laws, but, I abide by them or try really hard to anyways(G)..Just cause freedom isn't something I'll ever be ready to give up willingly..

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I would think with his money he could swing some good lawyers and change that visitation quickly.

One grandfather of one of Ro's kids is a doctor if I have heard correctly. Someone who is capable of hiring equally good lawyers for his daughter. I would guess even a good lawyer would have an uphill climb demanding shared custody or visitation for someone who lives out of town, given Ro's police record.
I just can't help pointing out everybody who is upset because Ro still returns to Decatur seem to overlook that's where his kids live.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
One grandfather of one of Ro's kids is a doctor if I have heard correctly. Someone who is capable of hiring equally good lawyers for his daughter. I would guess even a good lawyer would have an uphill climb demanding shared custody or visitation for someone who lives out of town, given Ro's police record.
I just can't help pointing out everybody who is upset because Ro still returns to Decatur seem to overlook that's where his kids live.
He is not going to Decatur to see his kids. This has become pretty clear. He might see them while in town, but he is not thinking of them.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
He is not going to Decatur to see his kids. This has become pretty clear. He might see them while in town, but he is not thinking of them.
A couple of quotes from the local newspaper...http://www.decaturdaily.com/news/mo...cle_35f39222-9347-543c-b571-72d8a36e183e.html

McClain, 27, was charged with second-degree possession of marijuana, carrying a firearm without a permit and a misdemeanor equipment violation. He was released from the Morgan County Jail on $2,000 bail, said McClain’s lawyer, Carl Cole.

A Decatur native, McClain was coming to town to visit with his family when he was pulled over, Cole said...

Cole said the firearm McClain was carrying Friday was “just a run of the mill handgun” that was registered to McClain.

After McClain was released from jail Friday, he went to pick up his kids from school, Cole said. “That was his priority,” he said.
As an aside, Carl Cole is a neighbor and personal friend. I know him as both a good lawyer and an honest man.

It is my opinion that it is his family that brings Ro back to Decatur. He can find hangers-on where ever he is, he doesn't need to come to Decatur for that. And frankly, he's taunted the local police so much that he has a target on his back. Of course, if he wouldn't smoke weed in his car, or drive a car with heavy window tinting, he might have better luck staying out of jail.

My opinion is that it's contact with his kids that might help Ro get his feet on the ground more than anything else. People that know him tell me he has funded a seven figure trust fund for each of his kids so they will be provided for even if he goes broke. Maybe he feels obliged to visit to make sure the funds are being administered properly. I suspect the more time he spends with his kids, the better the chances he will grow up and start acting responsibly.

That is why I don't see things as simply as saying he just needs to stay out of his home town to turn things around. I am also genuinely sick of him showing up in town getting arrested and generating another wave of anti-Decatur sentiment from people, many who have never lived here.

I would put much of Ro's bad behavior in the hard-headed stupid category rather than thuggery. (with the exception being when he held a friend on the ground and shot a pistol next to his ear, rupturing his friend's eardrum.) That was indeed pure thuggery.

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
A couple of quotes from the local newspaper...http://www.decaturdaily.com/news/mo...cle_35f39222-9347-543c-b571-72d8a36e183e.html

As an aside, Carl Cole is a neighbor and personal friend. I know him as both a good lawyer and an honest man.

It is my opinion that it is his family that brings Ro back to Decatur. He can find hangers-on where ever he is, he doesn't need to come to Decatur for that. And frankly, he's taunted the local police so much that he has a target on his back. Of course, if he wouldn't smoke weed in his car, or drive a car with heavy window tinting, he might have better luck staying out of jail.

My opinion is that it's contact with his kids that might help Ro get his feet on the ground more than anything else. People that know him tell me he has funded a seven figure trust fund for each of his kids so they will be provided for even if he goes broke. Maybe he feels obliged to visit to make sure the funds are being administered properly. I suspect the more time he spends with his kids, the better the chances he will grow up and start acting responsibly.

That is why I don't see things as simply as saying he just needs to stay out of his home town to turn things around. I am also genuinely sick of him showing up in town getting arrested and generating another wave of anti-Decatur sentiment from people, many who have never lived here.

I would put much of Ro's bad behavior in the hard-headed stupid category rather than thuggery. (with the exception being when he held a friend on the ground and shot a pistol next to his ear, rupturing his friend's eardrum.) That was indeed pure thuggery.

He was arrested here in Hartselle this time, but Rolando McClain is banned from Decatur. He can be arrested just for being in Decatur.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Although I'm normally fine with criticizing our silly drug laws, there's no doubt that Rolando's problems go far deeper than you seem willing to recognize.
. Not at all sure how you inferred this. I didn't say anything about Rolando's problems one way or the other. Rolando has done some really stupid things. Driving with tinted windows is way way down the list.

And if murder wasn't a crime Charles Manson wouldn't have been hassled by the man about that minor Sharon Tate issue either......
If you think something is wrong because the law says so, your argument works. If you realize a law is only good when it outlaws something wrong, your analogy does not.

And if we didn't have speed limits, I could go as fast I wanted.

We might not agree with a law, but we have to abide by them or suffer the consequences.

As above, some laws are fine, that's not my argument. But we all know cops pull over people with minor infractions that should not be offenses just so they can get a good look inside. It has happened to me and I suspect a lot of people who read this board. It's a pernicious practice. As for following the law and accepting consequences I agree with you, which is why Rolando cannot plead that the law is stupid. There is virtue in following a law even one that is bad in order to ensure respect for law. However, that requirement does not in any way mean all laws or law enforcement is good, and basically that was my point.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

My point is a simple one. If you are focused on your kids, you leave the weed and illegal gun at home. His focus is on himself. What if he had his kids with him when he was pulled over? How great would that experience be for them? Getting to watch daddy get arrested.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.