Rolando McClain arrested again

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
My point is a simple one. If you are focused on your kids, you leave the weed and illegal gun at home. His focus is on himself. What if he had his kids with him when he was pulled over? How great would that experience be for them? Getting to watch daddy get arrested.
I think you are really stretching to try to make your point.

In his multiple arrests, his kids have not been around. I don't like driving around armed and smoking weed but plenty of people do that and still try to be good parents. Hopefully, when he does leave his gun at home he doesn't leave it where his kids can play with it. Or the pot either, for that matter.

My point is simple too...people react when he gets arrested back home...if only he would stay away...while I'm suggesting his kids and his feelings for them are likely the most stabilizing thing in his life, and seeing them involves going back home.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Not being an expert and just a long gun owner, i am really confused of what crime he committed honestly with all the legislation our state has passed lately lowering the standards for gun ownership. If I am not mistaken we have or in the process of eliminating the pistol permit altogether such that concealed carry or open carry will be lawful without a permit of any kind and we are making the automobile an extension of the person as well as the home. We have already made it legal to carry guns inside banks, restaurants, stores, etc. I was in bass pro the other day and it looked like a scene from the old west with so many open carry shoppers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States
Not being an expert and just a long gun owner, i am really confused of what crime he committed honestly with all the legislation our state has passed lately lowering the standards for gun ownership. If I am not mistaken we have or in the process of eliminating the pistol permit altogether such that concealed carry or open carry will be lawful without a permit of any kind and we are making the automobile an extension of the person as well as the home. We have already made it legal to carry guns inside banks, restaurants, stores, etc. I was in bass pro the other day and it looked like a scene from the old west with so many open carry shoppers.

If your gun is in your car it's considered concealed even if it's in plain view.

Brtraker

1st Team
Nov 5, 2000
Decatur, Ala.
If you are gonna have illegal substances and/or items in your vehicle then you might want to insure your window tint is legal. Why would you invite a stop by the police with illegal tint giving them automatic probable cause to stop you? Stupid move, but common. I am also curious about what happened to the arson of McClain's house in Tuscaloosa, It never passed the smell test for me...... js... Does anyone have any updated info on that?

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek

You answered your own question, "in the process"...until it's law...getting in your vehicle with a PISTOL w/out a ccp...is against the law. And 90% of the sheriff's in the state don't want that law to pass. As to Ro, he's been tagged by the valley police. He has to toe the line or they're gonna bust him for something. Every agency knows every vehicle in his name and are gonna pull him over for ANY thing they can.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Hasn't he figured out yet this is a direct correlation between his getting into legal trouble and seeing family in Decatur? Just forget Decatur and have his family come and see him. Sofrustrating.

HMM

All-SEC
Sep 1, 2007
All the talent in the world... I just pray he gets it together before it's too late for happiness. Football is all but over but he has a lot of demons to get over before he can live.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
One more side note on this. I saw a post questioning the window tint violation. My understanding (from a local, well-placed source) is that his entire windshield was blacked out with tint - not just side windows - entire windshield blacked out. The traffic stop was warranted I would say.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Well the part in the piece "everyone knows his truck" seems to me the law may look for him due to his past run ins but you get what you get.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Well the part in the piece "everyone knows his truck" seems to me the law may look for him due to his past run ins but you get what you get.
You're right. And I can tell you for a fact that the "everyone knows my truck" line came straight from McClain's mouth when he was pulled over. Might be the case in Decatur but word I got was Hartselle PD did not know it was his truck when they stopped him. It's from as reliable a source as you'll get on the matter and that's all I'll say. McClain was reportedly cooperative, though. The girlfriend on the other hand....

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States
You're right. And I can tell you for a fact that the "everyone knows my truck" line came straight from McClain's mouth when he was pulled over. Might be the case in Decatur but word I got was Hartselle PD did not know it was his truck when they stopped him. It's from as reliable a source as you'll get on the matter and that's all I'll say. McClain was reportedly cooperative, though. The girlfriend on the other hand....
Still doesn't make the tinting legal.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

It did not pass. The way it's written now a business can post a sign saying guns are banned and we must abide by it or be asked to leave. If one does not leave, they are hit with trespassing charges.

You answered your own question, "in the process"...until it's law...getting in your vehicle with a PISTOL w/out a ccp...is against the law. And 90% of the sheriff's in the state don't want that law to pass. As to Ro, he's been tagged by the valley police. He has to toe the line or they're gonna bust him for something. Every agency knows every vehicle in his name and are gonna pull him over for ANY thing they can.
The main reason those sheriff's wanted it to fail was because they would not get that CCP permit money anymore. They can use that money as they see fit or simply put it in their pocket. That's why they all ran to Montgomery to whine and cry about that bill. I spent $100 the last time I walked in there for a 5 year CCP permit, so just imagine what they are bringing in per county.

As for 'Ro, like CA said earlier in this thread, it's past the point of me caring anymore. He isn't going to change.

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
It did not pass. The way it's written now a business can post a sign saying guns are banned and we must abide by it or be asked to leave. If one does not leave, they are hit with trespassing charges.

The main reason those sheriff's wanted it to fail was because they would not get that CCP permit money anymore. They can use that money as they see fit or simply put it in their pocket. That's why they all ran to Montgomery to whine and cry about that bill. I spent $100 the last time I walked in there for a 5 year CCP permit, so just imagine what they are bringing in per county.

As for 'Ro, like CA said earlier in this thread, it's past the point of me caring anymore. He isn't going to change.
Beyond those Sheriff's and their reasons I can tell you law enforcement in general doesn't want the bill to pass. Having to have a ccp helps get weapons off the street. Idc if I have to pay for it or not, though some people do. If they added a c to your license, did a background check every time you got your licensed renewed, and added a 5 dollar charge to do that bg check I'd be all for that too.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
Beyond those Sheriff's and their reasons I can tell you law enforcement in general doesn't want the bill to pass. Having to have a ccp helps get weapons off the street. Idc if I have to pay for it or not, though some people do. If they added a c to your license, did a background check every time you got your licensed renewed, and added a 5 dollar charge to do that bg check I'd be all for that too.
It gets guns of honest, law abiding citizens, off the street.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Haven't seen it. Doesn't happen.
OK then, explain to us how it "keeps guns off the streets" as you said. If it doesn't affect law abiding citizens, then is it only the criminals who are going to respect CCP laws? Is that really your argument?

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
Haven't seen it. Doesn't happen.
I have many friends in law enforcement and I want them to be safe. With that being said I KNOW those guys treat every vehicle stop as if there was a gun in the car. How could they not? The bad people with criminal intent don't care one whit if they are breaking a law or not, so logically it will mostly cause honest people to have to pay for a constitutional right. I'm willing to pay and have for years. However, if I have to pay for my constitutional right to carry a weapon why don't I have to pay for free speech or any other right?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.