Rolando McClain arrested again

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
I cannot believe spending 4 years under CNS would have taught this thug how to stay out of trouble. He needs to move to the Caribbean and buy a bar and they wont care how much weed he smokes down there. Or he is going to wind up in prison like some many others that wasted their god given talent.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Just goes to show you who runs the ship in Tuscaloosa and the respect those men have for Coach Saban. He kept Ro on the straight and narrow. Truly sad he's at where he's at.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Just think, if he was in Colorado, he wouldn't be going to jail (unless there's more to the guns charges than I know). He would likely be considered a law-abiding citizen. Funny how laws can make things bad. That being said, it's up to him to move (f he wants to) and up to him to respect the laws where he lives. Don't understand why anyone would be in Alabama and smoke pot in a car. You're just asking for it.

Last edited:

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Dang this stinks. if we lived in a world where the tint of your windows wasn't a crime, this would be a non issue. If marijuana was not illegal, same thing. He had a gun without a permit, just like George Washington and everyone else until we came up with government by permission slip. Apart from maybe DUI, and honestly weed does not affect driving the way drink does, this should be a none issue. Too bad for Rolando, cause now he's in deep doodle.

ua86

1st Team
Nov 20, 2009
North Alabama
Dang this stinks. if we lived in a world where the tint of your windows wasn't a crime, this would be a non issue. If marijuana was not illegal, same thing. He had a gun without a permit, just like George Washington and everyone else until we came up with government by permission slip. Apart from maybe DUI, and honestly weed does not affect driving the way drink does, this should be a none issue. Too bad for Rolando, cause now he's in deep doodle.
And if murder wasn't a crime Charles Manson wouldn't have been hassled by the man about that minor Sharon Tate issue either......

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
And if we didn't have speed limits, I could go as fast I wanted.

We might not agree with a law, but we have to abide by them or suffer the consequences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Ranging from just a seeming lack of personal discipline to outright law breaking, it feels like too many of the players, when they leave the program and the " Process ", seem to lose their way.
Does anyone else feel this way or is it just a case of over sensitivity on my part? I truly hope it`s the latter.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Ranging from just a seeming lack of personal discipline to outright law breaking, it feels like too many of the players, when they leave the program and the " Process ", seem to lose their way.
Does anyone else feel this way or is it just a case of over sensitivity on my part? I truly hope it`s the latter.
You're underestimating how hard some of these kids grow up if this is a surprise to you.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Prof is right. For too many of them, Saban and Bama is the first time they've had structure in their lives. We don't hear that much about other program's kids after they leave, unless it's really high profile. Ro's upbringing, particularly in HS was awful. He's from Decatur, where I grew up...

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
You're underestimating how hard some of these kids grow up if this is a surprise to you.
No, not so much of a surprise as just an observation. I fully understand that some of these kids come from stunningly crappy backgrounds. I guess I just hope that the lessons they have an opportunity to learn will stick. I suppose in some cases their upbringings ( or lack thereof ) is just too much to overcome.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
At this point he's seen what life beyond the nonsense he grew up in is like. He's seen the good side. He's had enough money to remove anybody he cares for from that cesspool he always goes back to. This is a choice he's making. It is just sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.