Rolando McClain arrested again

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Beyond those Sheriff's and their reasons I can tell you law enforcement in general doesn't want the bill to pass. Having to have a ccp helps get weapons off the street. Idc if I have to pay for it or not, though some people do. If they added a c to your license, did a background check every time you got your licensed renewed, and added a 5 dollar charge to do that bg check I'd be all for that too.

I'd love to hear how requiring anyone to have a CCP gets weapons off the street? We heard the same argument when the open carry deal was going through and y'all said the same thing back then, that every Joe Blow would have a gun and it would be like the Wild West here yet nothing like that has happened. Funny how that never panned out like they hoped. It doesn't matter what the requirements are, it's not going to stop crime and you're nuts if you think it will. This is nothing more than a money grab.

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States
I'd love to hear how requiring anyone to have a CCP gets weapons off the street? We heard the same argument when the open carry deal was going through and y'all said the same thing back then, that every Joe Blow would have a gun and it would be like the Wild West here yet nothing like that has happened. Funny how that never panned out like they hoped. It doesn't matter what the requirements are, it's not going to stop crime and you're nuts if you think it will. This is nothing more than a money grab.
Exactly!

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
When TX passed open carry a couple of years ago the liberal elites were saying streets Houston, San Antonio, Dallas would turn into the Wild West. I have seen 2 people in 2+ years open carry. One was a local politician who as a political stunt showed up at a restaurant with a S&W model 500 .50 Cal strapped to her waist. She couldn't shoot that thing without getting blown back if her life depended on it.

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
Just wondering are you guys against CCP's because they cost money? Would you prefer them not to cost money and be more like voter registration?
A few have asked how does not having a ccp get weapons off the street. First let me say that my background is law enforcement. I've been on and made every kind of traffic stop there is. Seen every kind of situation there is to be seen. I'd also like to say I'm not against open carry or people having weapons. I believe in everyone's second amendment rights as much as anyone out there. That being said I believe in CCPs. As far as how it gets weapons off the street it is very simple. Criminal + weapon - ccp = criminal - weapon. Some of you have said so what ...criminals don't follow the law anyway. To that point I ask why have laws then? I know murder, theft, rape is wrong so why have laws if criminals don't follow them??? Why have any laws at all? Others have said well it's my right why should I be regulated or have laws restricting my right to bear arms. Whether you want to believe this or not there is no right that you have that is unregulated or doesn't have laws for and against it, not one that isn't restricted. Freedom of speech? Nope can't shout fire in a theater etc etc etc. Right to vote...got to register. Right to be free from warrantless search and seizure in your own home? Sure unless there are exigent circumstances or there is a public safety issue then that can be thrown out the window. Should defending your own home be the same as carrying a weapon out in public? Is the defense of your home the same as the defense of your car? Is driving a right? Just throwing some thoughts out there. As I've said I've seen this law work. I've seen it get guns of the street. If a ccp not being free is what is motivating you then I have no problem with that. Heck if it could be free I'd be all for it(I pay for it just like you) but there still needs to be the law requiring it.
We may have to just agree to disagree and we also may need to get this thread back on Rolando as its seems it has been hijacked.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
When TX passed open carry a couple of years ago the liberal elites were saying streets Houston, San Antonio, Dallas would turn into the Wild West. I have seen 2 people in 2+ years open carry. One was a local politician who as a political stunt showed up at a restaurant with a S&W model 500 .50 Cal strapped to her waist. She couldn't shoot that thing without getting blown back if her life depended on it.
I've only seen one. Which was on his private property, that he runs his business on. Ironically, a former Nike missile base, that he bought from the gubbament.

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
Just wondering are you guys against CCP's because they cost money? Would you prefer them not to cost money and be more like voter registration?
A few have asked how does not having a ccp get weapons off the street. First let me say that my background is law enforcement. I've been on and made every kind of traffic stop there is. Seen every kind of situation there is to be seen. I'd also like to say I'm not against open carry or people having weapons. I believe in everyone's second amendment rights as much as anyone out there. That being said I believe in CCPs. As far as how it gets weapons off the street it is very simple. Criminal + weapon - ccp = criminal - weapon. Some of you have said so what ...criminals don't follow the law anyway. To that point I ask why have laws then? I know murder, theft, rape is wrong so why have laws if criminals don't follow them??? Why have any laws at all? Others have said well it's my right why should I be regulated or have laws restricting my right to bear arms. Whether you want to believe this or not there is no right that you have that is unregulated or doesn't have laws for and against it, not one that isn't restricted. Freedom of speech? Nope can't shout fire in a theater etc etc etc. Right to vote...got to register. Right to be free from warrantless search and seizure in your own home? Sure unless there are exigent circumstances or there is a public safety issue then that can be thrown out the window. Should defending your own home be the same as carrying a weapon out in public? Is the defense of your home the same as the defense of your car? Is driving a right? Just throwing some thoughts out there. As I've said I've seen this law work. I've seen it get guns of the street. If a ccp not being free is what is motivating you then I have no problem with that. Heck if it could be free I'd be all for it(I pay for it just like you) but there still needs to be the law requiring it.
We may have to just agree to disagree and we also may need to get this thread back on Rolando as its seems it has been hijacked.
While I can understand a law enforcement officer's position on CCP and the myriad of reasons for those opinions, I cannot shake the fact that the founding documents of this country said explicitly not to do it. There were just 10 amendments to begin with, so I would imagine out of the whole of social structure considered in their creation those ten blinking red lights would be the ones we didn't continually try to mess with. My opinion.

Shouldn't law enforcement be able to determine from a database quickly and accurately whether someone has a felony or a mental illness that would preclude them from being able to possess a firearm in public? Especially since the only reason that a law enforcement officer would be determining the ability to possess a firearm is in the case that someone was detained and identity was being confirmed anyway. The issue there is a crumbling reporting system for either of the issues at hand, especially mental illness since the support system for those afflicted with mental issues has only gotten worse in the past thirty years. That's where the focus should be, an accurate and easily accessed database in the field for officers. Better tools equal a better carpenter, all other factors being equal.;)

That said, until there is National Reciprocity, I will continue to pay the toll. I will follow the law to the letter whether I agree with it or not.

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
I live in Decatur. I have spoken to members of local law enforcement about Ro. I have also spoken to someone who's family took him in for a while when he was a young teen at great length about what all went on with him. The stories I've heard about him are tragic. I don't condone a single thing he has done, but I completely get why he does the things he does.

One of the local law enforcement fellas said that if he didn't get far away from Decatur he would be dead in a year. That was three years ago.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
You know, anyone is free to start a thread on concealed carry on NS, which is where this thread will move, unless it moves back to Ro...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.