The Coaches who overachieve.

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
He signs seemingly like a dozen JUCO's a year. I remember in 2008 he signed 19!!!
The JUCO system is the biggest difference between Alabama and Mississippi, IMO. Their kids that have qualifying or discipline issues go to JUCO and then, hopefully, bounce up to a 1A program. Our kids have to take a shot at one our many 1AA (or those that should still be) programs like JSU, Troy, UNA, UAB, UWA, ASU, A&M, USA, Stillman, Miles, Tuskeegee...am I leaving anyone out?

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
It is a bit of a surprise that CDM has stayed at Miss State for as long as he has...you would have thought a school like Nebraska or Texas would have had interest in him.

XXIII

Scout Team
Feb 3, 2011
Atlanta, GA
David Shaw is another coach who always produces great teams. Even though Stanford now is able to recruit some top talent, building a consistently elite program with those academic standards is pretty impressive.

Not to mention helping develop Luck, Gerhart, and McCaffrey into Heisman finalists. Could be wrong, but I don't think any of them were elite recruits coming out of high school.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Good question. IMO he would have been a better hire at the time than Butch Jones, Ed Orgeron, Brett Bielema, Will Muschamp and probably Jim McIlwain.
I figure Florida has had to reach out to him quite a few times over the last 5 years and am assuming he's turned them down. I wonder what it is about Miss State that keeps him there?

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I figure Florida has had to reach out to him quite a few times over the last 5 years and am assuming he's turned them down. I wonder what it is about Miss State that keeps him there?
If Florida has approached him and he has elected to stay at MSU then it must be either he and his family love Starkville and the school or he realizes the expectations and pressure to succeed at Florida are in another universe compared to MSU.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.