The Road to Oklahoma City - (regionals softball schedule)

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
That pitch was in the same exact spot where he just called it a strike, but I'll take it!

If we don't start hitting we won't get passed Florida.

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
To me, the one prior that he called a strike was low and inside. The last one seemed a bit higher and in the middle, but it was called a ball. Not to mention our batter on first shouldn't have been there unless having the ball get within 4 " of her arm counts as being hit. The announcers had to bite their lip on the replay. But, as you said, I'll take it.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
To me, the one prior that he called a strike was low and inside. The last one seemed a bit higher and in the middle, but it was called a ball. Not to mention our batter on first shouldn't have been there unless having the ball get within 4 " of her arm counts as being hit. The announcers had to bite their lip on the replay. But, as you said, I'll take it.
I think the umps had a rough day everywhere. Kasey Cooper struck out on a pitch high and away that the ump had been calling a ball all day, not to mention the play at the plate where we tied that he called a bobble by the catcher (it wasn't.) and the pickoff on Fornis in the 9th where the tag wasn't applied until she was on the bag.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'm going to say that it plays out like this:

Bracket #1

Gainesville Super

#1 UF vs #16 Bama or Minnesota

I'm not ready to fully give it to us, but chances are better with the 1st game out of the way

Knoxville Super

#8 Tennessee vs #9 aTm

hard to see either losing twice

LA Super

#5 UCLA vs #12 Ole Miss

Tallahassee Super

#4 FSU vs ULL

I'm having a hard time seeing LSU digging themselves out of the hole. They have been so erratic this year

Bracket #2

Eugene Super

#3 Oregon vs #14 UK

Seattle Super

#11 Utah vs #6 Washington

Auburn Super

#7 Auburn vs Tulsa

same as LSU, OU has been so erratic and Tulsa pushed them the first time in the year.

Tucson Super

#2 Arizona vs #15 Baylor

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Just to note, I hate the weather rules. If rain blots out play tomorrow, we move on. Would have been Cal had they won. Sucks they can't just play it out on Monday or Tuesday
Are you saying they can't play Monday? This is being reported as the updated schedule for Tuscaloosa:

Updated Softball Regional Schedule

Sunday, 1:30 CDT, Minnesota vs. Louisiana Tech

Sunday, 4 p.m., Alabama vs. winner of 1:30 game. If Alabama wins, it has won regional. If Alabama loses...

Monday, TBA, championship game

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
That is stupid. The highest seed goes if they only play four games? So if the top seed is 0-2 and the four seed is 2-0, the top seed still advances over a team they lost to in the first round?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oklahoma edged Arkansas in the fourth game of the Norman Regional. Tulsa is 2-0. OU is 1-1. If no further games are played, then OU advances. Even if OU had lost to Ark and was 0-2!!![FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Oklahoma edged Arkansas in the fourth game of the Norman Regional. Tulsa is 2-0. OU is 1-1. If no further games are played, then OU advances. Even if OU had lost to Ark and was 0-2!!![FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
That is insane. If four games have been played, treat it as a single elimination tournament and Tulsa moves on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Are you saying they can't play Monday? This is being reported as the updated schedule for Tuscaloosa:

Updated Softball Regional Schedule

Sunday, 1:30 CDT, Minnesota vs. Louisiana Tech

Sunday, 4 p.m., Alabama vs. winner of 1:30 game. If Alabama wins, it has won regional. If Alabama loses...

Monday, TBA, championship game

Depends on how many games rain out. If they rain out all of Saturday and Sunday, they won't try to squeeze everything in. They can if few games are rained out. Had games 3, 4 and 5 been delayed to Monday, they would have called it. Luckily, I think we dodged it and will get everything in. Odds for rain dropped in the forecast, luckily.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.