Let's Talk about 2017 - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Let's Talk about 2017

We might have and I just can`t recall, but since CNS arrived, have we opened with as highly a ranked opponent? I think we`re all in agreement that FSU, this year, will be a genuine national championship contender on opening day.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team PA Tide Fan's Avatar

FSU and LSU will be the hardest games. The trap game IMO is Miss. St. simply because if we beat LSU some of the younger players may think MSU and Mercer are "gimme" games and immediately start thing about Auburn. Mercer cannot beat us as long as we show up but MSU could.
    Last edited by PA Tide Fan; May 16th, 2017 at 09:21 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Some of y'all are forgetting that Gus' offense is pretty solid when he's got a credible downfield passer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sept. 2: FSU
    Oct. 21: Tennessee
    Nov. 4: LSU
    Nov. 25: @ the barn

Those are the game I'm not taking lightly. FSU has the power and talent to battle with Bama for 4 quarters. It's gonna come down to two things for both teams: QB play and Defense.

Tennessee- They have a new QB, but have ton of talents on both side, the question is Can butch coach them up? Just gotta take care of our business.

LSU- We need to stop overlook them. Those days of Les miles are long done. Ed has a new OC coach. I expect this game to be low scoring once again.

Auburn, new QB, new OC and that's bad ... Luckily we get them on last game of the season so enough game tape to see what Stidman can do.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonProf View Post
    Some of y'all are forgetting that Gus' offense is pretty solid when he's got a credible downfield passer.

Especially when he has the new OC....

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    We might have and I just can`t recall, but since CNS arrived, have we opened with as highly a ranked opponent? I think we`re all in agreement that FSU, this year, will be a genuine national championship contender on opening day.
    I agree FSU may be one of the top teams right now. I love the fact we start the year with such a high-profile opponent each year. when you think about the past 10 years, we've rarely opened at Bryant Denny. We've played the following:

2008- Clemson in Atlanta
    2009- VA Tech in Atlanta
    2010- San Jose St at home
    2011- Kent St at home
    2012- Michigan in Jerry World
    2013- Va Tech in Atlanta
    2014- West Virginia in Atlanta
    2015- Wisconsin in Jerry World
    2016- USC in Jerry World

Clemson, VA Tech in 2009, Michigan, and USC were who I would have considered contenders when we played them. I know they all turned out to be pretenders, but on paper those years, they had the teams to make a run. If we are going by paper though, the 2000 Alabama team was a contender at the beginning of the year too, but let's not open up THAT wound.

Roll Tide!!
    ChattTide

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    Sept. 2: FSU
    Oct. 21: Tennessee
    Nov. 4: LSU
    Nov. 25: @ the barn

Those are the game I'm not taking lightly. FSU has the power and talent to battle with Bama for 4 quarters. It's gonna come down to two things for both teams: QB play and Defense.

Tennessee- They have a new QB, but have ton of talents on both side, the question is Can butch coach them up? Just gotta take care of our business.

LSU- We need to stop overlook them. Those days of Les miles are long done. Ed has a new OC coach. I expect this game to be low scoring once again.

Auburn, new QB, new OC and that's bad ... Luckily we get them on last game of the season so enough game tape to see what Stidman can do.
    No doubt Stidham will be an improvement and he has some wheels, but are his wheels as good as Cam or Marshall? I doubt it...but even if they are...Auburn continues to have decent recruiting classes but they've done nothing with the talent. Every year they have some major weak areas...that's the trend it seems, so unless Stidham pulls a Cam on us I'll believe it when I see it.

On when we play the barn? I've always felt they were slow starters and then they hit their stride later so we may know the tale of the tape by the time we see them in November, but they usually are playing their best when we play them...happens almost every year.

BamaNation All-American

And they have made a deal with the Devil, like in 2010 and 2013.

The big question is, what have they got that they haven't already sold to him...

BamaNation All-American dWarriors88's Avatar

I have a feeling Ole Miss is going to be a tough one

Quote Originally Posted by dWarriors88 View Post
    How?

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

I think OM goes back to their traditional place in the overall scheme of things. They bought a few good years and all they've got to show for it was a two year win streak against Bama, but nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    I think OM goes back to their traditional place in the overall scheme of things. They bought a few good years and all they've got to show for it was a two year win streak against Bama, but nothing else.
    Agree on this... I think Ole Miss is in for a rough couple of years in the SEC West cellar.

Auburn is going to be good. When Gus has a competent QB that offense works.

LSU is almost always tough, but at home I'm pretty confident. They still have no QB.

A&M is a bit of a wild card.

I agree. I think this is our trap game. They have good receivers and IMO the best passing QB in the SEC. If they get good line play, they could be tough.