Let's Talk about 2017 - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Re: Let's Talk about 2017

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    It's a huge difference for a long list of reasons. Chemistry, experience, leadership, known player vs unknown, etc. Plus, Barnett wasn't just yanked for bad play. Saban allegedly already had a plan for giving both QBs an opportunity. I seriously doubt that will be the case this year.
    LOL yes he was. There may have been a plan to play both guys but there's a reason one guy spent the 2nd half riding the pine while the other played the rest of the season.

If Tua looks good in fall camp, is pushing JH for the starting job and JH struggles in the opener? You guys are nuts to think they wouldn't put Tua into the game, down by two scores in the third.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by UntouchableCrew View Post
    LOL yes he was. There may have been a plan to play both guys but there's a reason one guy spent the 2nd half riding the pine while the other played the rest of the season.

If Tua looks good in fall camp, is pushing JH for the starting job and JH struggles in the opener? You guys are nuts to think they wouldn't put Tua into the game, down by two scores in the third.
    You can consider all sorts of scenarios but I don't see yours happening. That would send an incredibly bad signal to the whole team to yank your returning proven starter who led you last year to what should have been a NC last year when you face a little adversity in the 3rd quarter of the 2017 season. If your scenario happens we will have a horrible year.

BamaNation All-American

I dont think that scenario is as crazy as it sounds. Very very unlikely but possible. Hurts would have to completely lose it mentally though for that scenario to have any thought.

Quote Originally Posted by UntouchableCrew View Post

We'll know if Hurts passing has improved game 1. If so, no Tua. If not, Tua.

Saban's not going to crash and burn game one without giving Tua a look.

Repeat after me

Hurts better = no Tua
    Hurts not = Tua

And that's all you need to know.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by JaxTider View Post

Repeat after me

Hurts better = no Tua
    Hurts not = Tua

Hurts is getting atleast 4 games despite how good or bad he is against FSU.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Repeat after me

Hurts better = no Tua
    Hurts not = Tua

Repeat after me. It is a lot more complicated than that.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Repeat after me. It is a lot more complicated than that.
    Especially when CNS saw the Drew Henson saga unfold right in front of him.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

From the CBS artilce in another thread:

CBS: Is it a quarterback battle going through August?

Saban: "I've never said anything about it being a quarterback battle. I'm not going to say anything about it being a quarterback battle now.
    "We have a quarterback who played really well and was SEC Player of the Year last year. I'm not saying he can't be beat out. I'm not saying the players here have an opportunity to beat him out. But that's the case at every position."

Coach just told both QBs what they need to hear.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaFlum's Avatar

Coach just told both QBs what they need to hear.
    Yup. Jalen will be working on improving his weaknesses from last year and Tua will be learning the ropes. Fall camp will be fun to keep up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RTR!

I'm going to ignore the offense because I think we have all beat the RB and QB position to death. What do you all think of the DLine and OLB this year? Payne is obviously a consistent force but we don't really know much about how the rest of the DLine players will perform. BamaInsider had this article on the Dline click. I'll be interested to see how much (if any) of an impact the guys coming in the summer will have.

After 2 years of incredible,possibly historic, front 7 play I seriously wonder if we have a significant drop off when it comes to pass rush and run D. Interested in hearing everyone's thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Moro Creek View Post
    I agree. I think this is our trap game. They have good receivers and IMO the best passing QB in the SEC. If they get good line play, they could be tough.
    I've seen people question Stidham because the sample size was pretty small. How on earth can you say Ole Miss has the best passing QB in the SEC when talking about Shea Patterson? The guy has only played three games in college.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    I'm going to ignore the offense because I think we have all beat the RB and QB position to death. What do you all think of the DLine and OLB this year? Payne is obviously a consistent force but we don't really know much about how the rest of the DLine players will perform. BamaInsider had this article on the Dline click. I'll be interested to see how much (if any) of an impact the guys coming in the summer will have.

After 2 years of incredible,possibly historic, front 7 play I seriously wonder if we have a significant drop off when it comes to pass rush and run D. Interested in hearing everyone's thoughts.
    We won't have a significant drop-off.