Let's Talk about 2017 - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Re: Let's Talk about 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    The object is to score td's; anytime, anyway. "We play to win the game"
    Yup. You can never know how the game will play out so when you have a chance to score a TD its big. We had a few games where NOTs got us going.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

I think we have another unbeaten regular season on the way to #17!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post

I like this optimism!

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post

That's my thinking if we handle Florida State. I think JH will show improvement this year, but that first game is a big stage with not much room for errors. He'll have the next 4 games after the opener to settle in if he's shaky in the opener. But if he comes out strong against FSU, I think the sky is the limit on an undefeated regular season.

BamaNation All-American

If Hurts' passing improves significantly, the offense will be downright terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    That's my thinking if we handle Florida State. I think JH will show improvement this year, but that first game is a big stage with not much room for errors. He'll have the next 4 games after the opener to settle in if he's shaky in the opener. But if he comes out strong against FSU, I think the sky is the limit on an undefeated regular season.
    The problem is that it's really freaking hard to go undefeated now. Even the best teams often lose for various reasons. Just look at the Kick Six...

BamaNation First Team CrimsonPassion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    Just look at the Kick Six...
    Haven't we heard enough about that?

Last edited by CrimsonPassion; May 26th, 2017 at 03:04 PM.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    I know we expect nothing less than the playoff and another NC. But how do you see it playing out? What's the hardest game? Who might be lurking as a potential trap game?

If we can get past FSU, I think the schedule sets up favorably for a run at an undefeated regular season!

Sept. 2: FSU
    Sept. 9: Fresno St.
    Sept. 16: Colorado St.
    Sept. 23: @ Vandy
    Sept. 30: Ole Miss
    Oct. 7: @ Texas A&M
    Oct. 14: Arkansas
    Oct. 21: Tennessee
    Oct. 28: open
    Nov. 4: LSU
    Nov. 11: @ MSU
    Nov. 18: Mercer
    Nov. 25: @ the barn
    Yep... I also see FSU as the key. This may be a tougher first game than most. But thenb I've thought that about a couple of teams, and I was wrong about how well they would play us...

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    The problem is that it's really freaking hard to go undefeated now. Even the best teams often lose for various reasons. Just look at the Kick Six...

You`d think that the national championship with Cam would be it, but I swear sometime I think that the high water marks for Auburn football are " Punt, Bama, Punt " and the " Kick Six". Two freakish occurrences. I wonder if barn fans ( Dub? ), if being honest, would agree with that or not ?
    Last edited by RTR91; May 30th, 2017 at 02:48 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    You`d think that the national championship with Cam would be it, but I swear sometime I think that the high water marks for Auburn football are " Punt, Bama, Punt " and the " Kick Six". Two freakish occurrences. I wonder if barn fans ( Dub? ), if being honest, would agree with that or not ?
    I dislike UM as much as you guys dislike Auburn, but I believe that they celebrate their championships more than random wins over OSU, no matter how dramatic they may have been.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I dislike UM as much as you guys dislike Auburn, but I believe that they celebrate their championships more than random wins over OSU, no matter how dramatic they may have been.
    One would hope, but do you think that the relationship between UM and OSU is parallel to AU and UA ? What you`re saying is that you believe that UM`s " sense of being " is not wrapped around OSU. Can the same thing be said for the barn in relation to UA, at least on the football field?

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    One would hope, but do you think that the relationship between UM and OSU is parallel to AU and UA ? What you`re saying is that you believe that UM`s " sense of being " is not wrapped around OSU. Can the same thing be said for the barn in relation to UA, at least on the football field?
    UM's and OSU's rivalry is a lot closer to what Bama's and Tennessee's would be if UT were playing at an elite level. Gotta remember that UT has always been the historic 2nd best team in the conference behind Bama.

Auburn will always be 2nd place to Bama even when they win a random/illegal championship with a qb transfer from another school.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan View Post
    Yep... I also see FSU as the key. This may be a tougher first game than most. But thenb I've thought that about a couple of teams, and I was wrong about how well they would play us...
    This feels different IMO. USC was still on its way back and a lot of the assumed difficulty was based on projection. They were also replacing a starting QB which is a bigger deal at most schools than it is at Bama. I mean USC was coming off a 6 loss season. Wisconsin plays a similar style to us but with less talented players. Same can be said of Michigan when we played them (plus who really though Denard Robinson would test Bamas D). The other big games in recently haven't been close to those 3. This time FSU is an already established program with a lot of recent success including a NC and coming off a very good season. They are returning a young QB who should be better and get their star safety back.

That said, there are 2 HUGE flags for me about this FSU team. 1. Their OLine looks like it could be one of their bigger weaknesses which doesn't bode well against us. 2. Lamar Jackson tore them up running the ball and Jalen is just as big of a threat running the ball. So, those are the 2 issues that I see that could cause this game to underwhelm in the end.