Texas Transfer Tevin Mack Commits to UA

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: Texas Transfer Teven Mack Commits to UA

All over Twitter...not sure how this affects scholarships or the Key situation.
This leave one scholarship left and it's for Key .. If he leaves, then Avery will go after a graduate transfer who can play immediately.
See below: https://www.tidesports.com/qa-avery-johnson-talks-recruiting-staff-changes/

A: ArMond Davis, as you know, has had a change of heart and decided to come back for next year. That leaves us with a scholarship and we are looking at a transfer who could sit out and be eligible next year (2018-19). If Braxton decides not to come back, then we might look at the possibility of a graduate transfer who would be eligible right away but we are not at that point yet.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I'm not sure exactly what happened at Texas, but this is a big deal. We're talking about a top 100 recruit who averaged 14 points for Texas. If he can stay out of trouble, he can be a major contributor. Of course, we still need Key to come back, this guy is going to have to sit out next season anyway, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

This is my opinion, but He never was a good fit for Texas. The fact he averaged 14 points and yet the team was very mediocre at time this past season. I really think sitting a year will benefit him a lot in a way where he probably needs to be humble and work hard to be part of a rotation next year. This team should be whole lot better than last year with new assistant coach coming in and hopefully, the team learns how to finish games... Our goal for this season to win at least 10 games heading to December.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Welcome Mr. Mack! Things are definitely shaping up. I'm excited to see what we can accomplish this upcoming season.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I'm not sure exactly what happened at Texas, but this is a big deal. We're talking about a top 100 recruit who averaged 14 points for Texas. If he can stay out of trouble, he can be a major contributor. Of course, we still need Key to come back, this guy is going to have to sit out next season anyway, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
He averaged 14 pts/game until he got suspended in December so this was against non-conference opponents. Also brings character into play with the suspension but I am hopeful he is a good kid and got frustrated and did something immature. He seems to be a talented kid that will be a very nice addition to our roster.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

couple years from now our lack of scorers will be a thing of the past. also appears CAJ is getting players who are capable of playing multiple positions. I like it.

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

He averaged 14 pts/game until he got suspended in December so this was against non-conference opponents. Also brings character into play with the suspension but I am hopeful he is a good kid and got frustrated and did something immature. He seems to be a talented kid that will be a very nice addition to our roster.
He put up 18 against Northwestern, 18 against Michigan, 20 against Arkansas, and 27 against Oklahoma St. He's a legit scorer.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Worth noting that Mack will have the same classification as Dazon, Giddens and Braxton next season (they're entering their sophomore years while he takes a redshirt after finishing his sophomore year). That will be a very solid group in 2018 barring any of the four leave before then.

Not to mention the other guys that will be on campus at that time.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Good news - Avery said today during the SEC coaches teleconference that Mack has been admitted to Bama and will enroll for the second summer semester.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Very excited about Bama under Avery in 2017-2018!
Ditto!!! Looking forward to them getting into the summer action in Canada. Hoping the SEC Network can cover a few of the scrimmages. Not sure if they can but would love it if they do.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Ditto!!! Looking forward to them getting into the summer action in Canada. Hoping the SEC Network can cover a few of the scrimmages. Not sure if they can but would love it if they do.
McGill up in Canada is going to live stream that game

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.