Dershowitz: Special Counsel Is Wrong Choice, Except to Investigate Leaks - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation All-American CaliforniaTide's Avatar

Re: Dershowitz: Special Counsel Is Wrong Choice, Except to Investigate Leaks

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Remember that the prime allegiance is to the constitution itself - NOT the commander in chief. So, the correct answer is "not necessarily." However, if it can be proven that an individual in a high post was representing the interests of a foreign government, rather than those of the US, well, people are sitting in federal prison for that right now. Proof is the issue. If anyone can come up with the true facts, it's Mueller. If I were Trump, I'd try to hire Comey back, not that he'd come and not that President Double-Down could ever do that. Remember that Nixon was also "Commander in Chief."
    Doesn't treason require two witnesses to the alleged treasonous act?
    It's the edge of the world
    And all of Western civilization
    The sun may rise in the East
    At least it settles in its final location
    It's understood that Hollywood
    Sells Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers in Californication

Look at that dude go all Dareus on that colt...

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaTide View Post
    It does, and, if the act were treason, there were more than two witnesses. As I said, "proof" is the problem...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Remember we are talking about two different people with obstruction and treason and also "witness" does not mean that both have to be present at the same time or that they be eyewitnesses. There have been many books written on this and it can't be handled in a bulletin board thread. For starters, the terminology of the constitution comes straight from the British Treason Act of 1695, so, presumably, it means the same. Happy reading...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation All-American CaliforniaTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Remember we are talking about two different people with obstruction and treason and also "witness" does not mean that both have to be present at the same time or that they be eyewitnesses. There have been many books written on this and it can't be handled in a bulletin board thread. For starters, the terminology of the constitution comes straight from the British Treason Act of 1695, so, presumably, it means the same. Happy reading...
    I do teach at a high school, so I guess I have summer reading picked out...
    It's the edge of the world
    And all of Western civilization
    The sun may rise in the East
    At least it settles in its final location
    It's understood that Hollywood
    Sells Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers in Californication

Look at that dude go all Dareus on that colt...

I do teach at a high school, so I guess I have summer reading picked out...
    We all may...

Well, isn't Dershowit'z most famous line that he would defend Hitler?...so maybe this is the next best thing.