Dershowitz: Special Counsel Is Wrong Choice, Except to Investigate Leaks

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Dersh has been on CNN alot this week. His opinion of the Special Counsel and the Trump investigations in general is a negative one. He seems to have become an angry old man.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Obstruction of justice is a crime. Does he seriously need this explained to him? Dershowitz is more far gone than I thought.

I'm not saying there's evidence to properly support that charge, but the possibility that a crime was committed is there, and Dershowitz should know that.
Obstruction is indeed a crime and always has been. Out and out treason is a possibility. In any event, we will not know without an investigation, which is the reason for Mueller's appointment. Dershowitz is not making sense, IMO...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Obstruction is indeed a crime and always has been. Out and out treason is a possibility. In any event, we will not know without an investigation, which is the reason for Mueller's appointment. Dershowitz is not making sense, IMO...
unfortunately, there is a rather large market for this.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
unfortunately, there is a rather large market for this.
That's why he's on CNN and cited by Breitbart. Opposite ends of the political spectrum but both are useless to those who actually use critical thinking.

ETA: BTW not comparing the two just saying neither is without severe bias.

Last edited:

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
Pardon my ignorance, but would it also be treason for a military or other non-elected government employee to tell heads of other states to withhold information from the commander and chief? Just curious...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Pardon my ignorance, but would it also be treason for a military or other non-elected government employee to tell heads of other states to withhold information from the commander and chief? Just curious...
Remember that the prime allegiance is to the constitution itself - NOT the commander in chief. So, the correct answer is "not necessarily." However, if it can be proven that an individual in a high post was representing the interests of a foreign government, rather than those of the US, well, people are sitting in federal prison for that right now. Proof is the issue. If anyone can come up with the true facts, it's Mueller. If I were Trump, I'd try to hire Comey back, not that he'd come and not that President Double-Down could ever do that. Remember that Nixon was also "Commander in Chief."

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Remember that the prime allegiance is to the constitution itself - NOT the commander in chief. So, the correct answer is "not necessarily." However, if it can be proven that an individual in a high post was representing the interests of a foreign government, rather than those of the US, well, people are sitting in federal prison for that right now. Proof is the issue. If anyone can come up with the true facts, it's Mueller. If I were Trump, I'd try to hire Comey back, not that he'd come and not that President Double-Down could ever do that. Remember that Nixon was also "Commander in Chief."
Doesn't treason require two witnesses to the alleged treasonous act?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Doesn't treason require two witnesses to the alleged treasonous act?
Remember we are talking about two different people with obstruction and treason and also "witness" does not mean that both have to be present at the same time or that they be eyewitnesses. There have been many books written on this and it can't be handled in a bulletin board thread. For starters, the terminology of the constitution comes straight from the British Treason Act of 1695, so, presumably, it means the same. Happy reading... :)

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Remember we are talking about two different people with obstruction and treason and also "witness" does not mean that both have to be present at the same time or that they be eyewitnesses. There have been many books written on this and it can't be handled in a bulletin board thread. For starters, the terminology of the constitution comes straight from the British Treason Act of 1695, so, presumably, it means the same. Happy reading... :)
I do teach at a high school, so I guess I have summer reading picked out...

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
Well, isn't Dershowit'z most famous line that he would defend Hitler?...so maybe this is the next best thing. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.