Byrne stands behind Goff article

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Goff has sold Byrne on the fact we have a severe lack of talent and he has much better talent coming in next year. (Still want to know how he plans to fit all the kids coming in with only 3 scholarship seniors whose haul is less than 1.5 scholarships.)

Funny thing is this talent went 15-15 in the SEC last year and likely 5-25 this year. Yes, we lost Will Haynie, and a couple of pitchers. However, none of those 3 were all American studs. Put Haynie and his horrid .OBP and amazing ability to strike out in the lineup over Webb, DeVinny or Kyle and the offense suffers. Now his defense helps cut down on some of the PB/WP so maybe he is worth a game or two but, not much more. If we had Bramblet on Fri night and Burrows on the back end, maybe we win 2 or 3 more games but, still looking at a 10 win SEC squad at best.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Just like with Anthony Grant, or Mitch for that matter, all we as fans can do is abide by the decision of the AD, and in this case I will. I had season tickets for years but gave them up the year we went to Hoover. Then I said I would not renew if Mitch was retained (actually my biggest problem was with Andy). Now it seems like the program is a total dumpster fire and I am sorry but I just can NOT accept this crap that these were not his players so they couldn't win more than one of ten SEC series. That they have broken the record for SEC losses in a season.

Someone threw out CNS's first season? The one we went to a bowl game in and won, even with a pile of suspended players? Or how about CAJ's first year? The one we went to the postseason in and beat how many ranked teams? Do either of those compare with a team who will set a record for futility in the SEC? Do I think this was a team that had 'regional talent'? I don't see how you can with how we played, but I sure don't believe this is a team that should finish 5-25 with an rpi >#175. Sorry, I just don't.

rtr

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.