Say what you want about Tim Tebow...

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I've always liked Tebow. I would think the only reason some people wouldn't is because of all of the attention he got while at UF. I believe in one game (maybe the 2009 SECCG) they had a camera on him the entire game that fans could watch online. It was that kind of over the top obsession from the media that he had so much difficulty in the NFL in my opinion.

prayfast14

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 13, 2016
I couldn't agree more! Tebow is awesome roll model & he truly cares about others!!![emoji1431][emoji1431][emoji1431]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I've always liked Tebow. I would think the only reason some people wouldn't is because of all of the attention he got while at UF. I believe in one game (maybe the 2009 SECCG) they had a camera on him the entire game that fans could watch online. It was that kind of over the top obsession from the media that he had so much difficulty in the NFL in my opinion.
Interesting you say that. I just read an article yesterday that stated just that. They drew parallels between him and Kaepernick. As dissimilar as they seem to be on the surface, both of them put a GM/HC in a terrible bind, if it becomes necessary to fire them. Therefore, most just won't take the risk...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I have never disliked Tim Tebow. As a player, he was the kind we wished we had had at Alabama. He could be somewhat over the top with his personality but I never thought he was insincere in his beliefs. IMO, most thought he did not possess the skill set to be an NFL QB, but might catch on at another position, it was not to be. I believe he is a good person who uses his notoriety to help the less fortunate and that is more than enough for me to hold him in high esteem.

RollSaban

Oct 15, 2015
People like to goody two shoes him, but he's a refreshing change for a role model for our youths today.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I've always thought that Tebow's recruitment is one of the string of events that could have kept Saban from coming to Tuscaloosa.

Suppose for a minute that Shula convinces him to come to UA. Mike Shula has many flaws. But inability to develop QBs isn't one of them. There's no doubt in my mind that Tim Tebow would have made the difference in at least two losses in 2006.

If that happens, there's no vacancy in our HC position, and Saban either stays with the Dolphins or returns to LSU.

What if Leigh Tiffin hadn't had the worst game of his life in Fayetteville?

What if Herbstreit hadn't spilled the beans, during the week of the BCSNCG on Miles going to Michigan?

If any of those (or a bunch of others) hadn't broken our way, we wouldn't be experiencing our 4th or 5th Golden Age.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Interesting you say that. I just read an article yesterday that stated just that. They drew parallels between him and Kaepernick. As dissimilar as they seem to be on the surface, both of them put a GM/HC in a terrible bind, if it becomes necessary to fire them. Therefore, most just won't take the risk...
The differences between him and Kaepernick are so vast it isn't even funny. I think we would all agree they are both good athletes, just not great QBs. Tebow, was much more marketable because of his winning personality and good guy image. Kaep is just a punk.

For the record, I always thought Tebow should have converted to a tight end. I think he had a chance of making it at that position. The Mets are definitely capitalizing on Tebow mania.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
A punk probably wouldn't donate a million to various charities. Link
I rarely agree with Stephen A Smith but I agree with him regarding Kaep. He takes a highly visible and passionate stance regarding race, equality etc then proceeds to do the following:

*Wears a pair of socks with pigs dressed in police uniforms

*Wears a t-shirt with Fidel Castro pictured on it

*Admits he doesn't vote

Those are punk moves. Hard to take him seriously regardless of the money he's given.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Tebow and Kaep are similar in that neither is good enough to make the accompanying media circus an acceptable part of the deal.

The difference is intent. Tebow is just doing what he's always done -- wear his religion on his sleeve, and try to use his platform for good. Kaep is grandstanding and intentionally generating controversy.

But to an NFL GM, intent is irrelevant. The salient point is that the on-field production doesn't justify the off-field and locker room distractions.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Tebow and Kaep are similar in that neither is good enough to make the accompanying media circus an acceptable part of the deal.

The difference is intent. Tebow is just doing what he's always done -- wear his religion on his sleeve, and try to use his platform for good. Kaep is grandstanding and intentionally generating controversy.

But to an NFL GM, intent is irrelevant. The salient point is that the on-field production doesn't justify the off-field and locker room distractions.
Regardless of intent, the distractions are different between the two in my opinion: one not necessarily negative; and the other clearly negative/destructive.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Regardless of intent, the distractions are different between the two in my opinion: one not necessarily negative; and the other clearly negative/destructive.
If the distractions result in a lack of focus by the team (which both would bring) then they are both negative. Tebow's presence on a team brings A LOT of outside clutter and "noise" the rest of the team has to deal with on a daily basis. The constant questions about having Tebow as a teammate, to what he orders at restaurants etc. The team has to deal with all of this while trying to win games and/or prepare for the upcoming season. The end result is it negatively impacts the team. Kaep on the other hand brings distractions of an entirely different nature. But the end results of said distraction is the same as with Tebows. It causes the team to lose focus with the task at hand and that's preparing for the upcoming season and winning games. IMO, they are both negative just in different ways.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.