Tidewater and TIDE-HSV meet for lunch - at a Cajun restaurant, amid LSU colors...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Go to first new post Tidewater and TIDE-HSV meet for lunch - at a Cajun restauran

What was the chef serving?

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Re: Go to first new post Tidewater and TIDE-HSV meet for lunch - at a Cajun restauran

Corona? At a Cajun eatery...............???

I guess since Jax is no longer around................

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Just now catching up on the football board. As you in the HSV area know, there were widespread outages around the city from the downed trees and poles. We up in the neighborhood closest to the park were one of the smallest. Except for critical areas, they generally work from the largest outages to the smallest, so it was last evening before we got restored. Maybe we could meet once a month or so. It would have to be some place like Gibson's with a meeting room...

Reactions: UAH

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL

Just now catching up on the football board. As you in the HSV area know, there were widespread outages around the city from the downed trees and poles. We up in the neighborhood closest to the park were one of the smallest. Except for critical areas, they generally work from the largest outages to the smallest, so it was last evening before we got restored. Maybe we could meet once a month or so. It would have to be some place like Gibson's with a meeting room...
I was in T Town this weekend, so I wasn't up this way when the storms came through. I drove back up this morning, and when I pulled into the parking lot at work (@ Franklin St & Longwood Ave), it was littered with huge limbs off the walnut trees we have out front. I called a coworker and caught him before he left the house, and had him bring his chainsaw for some of the bigger stuff. We spent about 30 minutes just cutting/dragging the debris out of the parking lot, so I'd say it got pretty rough! One of the clocks in the office was a little over 3 hours slow, so even a block away from H Hospital, the power was off for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL

I was in T Town this weekend, so I wasn't up this way when the storms came through. I drove back up this morning, and when I pulled into the parking lot at work (@ Franklin St & Longwood Ave), it was littered with huge limbs off the walnut trees we have out front. I called a coworker and caught him before he left the house, and had him bring his chainsaw for some of the bigger stuff. We spent about 30 minutes just cutting/dragging the debris out of the parking lot, so I'd say it got pretty rough! One of the clocks in the office was a little over 3 hours slow, so even a block away from H Hospital, the power was off for a while.

I have friends that live right across the street from HSV Hospital who were without power until late yesterday afternoon. In Bailey Cove, there appeared to be some limbs taken down, part of a fence two-house length that was totally blown down, and lots of leaves and vegetation around. Definitely came in fast on Saturday afternoon.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

It took down a poplar tree about 34" in diameter, back on the NE corner of my property. Unless it bugs my neighbor too much, I may wait until fall and let it dry out some. It's not good firewood, and it's hung up on a couple of other trees, so I'll just cut it up and let it decay. Same neighbor's kids' trampoline flipped over and it's made of 3" galvanized...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I have friends that live right across the street from HSV Hospital who were without power until late yesterday afternoon. In Bailey Cove, there appeared to be some limbs taken down, part of a fence two-house length that was totally blown down, and lots of leaves and vegetation around. Definitely came in fast on Saturday afternoon.
TV news said 30K out at the peak. I flipped over to HU's outage map and, this morning, they still had 24 clusters of 1-5 houses out (green dots). Their yellow dots are 6-200, so we would have been a yellow dot yesterday, and it still took them 24 hours to get around to us. I didn't have any fresh gas for my little Honda 2000. When I checked our main fridge, the fridge side had risen to 50 and the freezer up to 22. That's when I decided I needed to run down the hill and pick up some gas. Fortunately, there's a Texaco at Five Points which carried ethanol-free gas...

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL

NWS is saying that Huntsville had 90-mph winds that did the damage on Saturday afternoon/evening.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio

Nice photo! I am going to have to stop by the resturant sometime when I am in Huntsville.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

NWS is saying that Huntsville had 90-mph winds that did the damage on Saturday afternoon/evening.
It was a pretty narrow band of very high wind. My oldest son's neighborhood (Blossomwood) got pounded. We live over the mountain from him and Earle behind Linderman's Veterinary Clinic. When we got home from the lake we could barely tell that a storm had been here.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.