Berkeley sociologist crosses over to Trump’s America

pcfixup

Suspended
Feb 2, 2005
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Bill Clinton was something of a huckster but he was a solid New Deal Democrat. I'll give him credit for that, although I always chuckle at Vincet Gallo's allegation that Clinton was huckster but Nixon was an intellectual. He managed to work relatively well with a GOP Congress.
Clinton was not a new-deal democrat. Clinton was a socially-liberal capitalist.

pcfixup

Suspended
Feb 2, 2005
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
I have seen something a lot lately. Comes from mainstream Democrats (a group that is much more liberal today than even 25 years ago), the news media, hate groups and religious zealots....if you don't agree with them, they insult and berate you.

Like that's going to win anybody over. It really serves only to make the other side dig in that much harder.

Leading up to the 2016 election, working class whites knew the Dems didn't respect either their labor or anything else about them. We've all heard the condescending tone, the snickers and belittling pats on the head.

Then Hillary put it out there for all the world to see with a single word -- deplorable. With just four syllables, she encapsulated her feelings about literally half the country. Apparently, if you call someone a bad enough name, they'll vote for you so you'll never again have grounds to do it again.

What it did was galvanize a group that never would have won otherwise. They wanted nothing more than to shove their ballots up her pantsuit.

Trump won not because he was a good candidate, but because Hillary was such a bad one.

I am no fan of Donald Trump. But I was supremely gratified that the most condescending candidate in my lifetime (maybe ever) got such a comeuppance.
Most of those people would not vote democrat at all, but just did not stay home like they did for Obama. (Most of them did not vote for Romney because he was a mormon)

One thing I wish the MSM would explore more, AA candidates that voted for Obama but did not vote for Clinton. There might have been enougn in Miami, Philadelphia, Cleveland, Detroit, and Milwaukee to possibly change the outcome. There was no wide voter suppression (there may be in future elections)

I think there was a Kim Burell Wing, but most of this group have historically voted republican since 1980 or so. The other is the Kapernick wing, who thought that Trump's election would set in motion a process leading to civil war which would achieve their darkest goals of destroying America and Killing off the white race.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Most of those people would not vote democrat at all, but just did not stay home like they did for Obama. (Most of them did not vote for Romney because he was a mormon)

One thing I wish the MSM would explore more, AA candidates that voted for Obama but did not vote for Clinton. There might have been enougn in Miami, Philadelphia, Cleveland, Detroit, and Milwaukee to possibly change the outcome. There was no wide voter suppression (there may be in future elections)

I think there was a Kim Burell Wing, but most of this group have historically voted republican since 1980 or so. The other is the Kapernick wing, who thought that Trump's election would set in motion a process leading to civil war which would achieve their darkest goals of destroying America and Killing off the white race.
not sure about the other cities, but clinton came pretty close to obama's 2012 totals in philly.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.