UK Explosion At Ariana Grande Concert, Fatalities

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Well I'm going to the U2 concert tonight @ NRG in Houston. They've already increased security so that should be "fun" getting in to the stadium. It makes me a little more apprehensive about my summer concert season as well. I still have Iron Maiden, Metallica, Journey, Neil Diamond and Guns n Roses.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Well I'm going to the U2 concert tonight @ NRG in Houston. They've already increased security so that should be "fun" getting in to the stadium. It makes me a little more apprehensive about my summer concert season as well. I still have Iron Maiden, Metallica, Journey, Neil Diamond and Guns n Roses.
you have better odds of winning the lottery than you do of being killed in a terrorist incident by a foreign source, enjoy the concerts

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I refuse to worry about it - worrying won't change a thing anyway.

Not only that, but assuming you aren't muslim and you don't live in the ME, the chances of something happening to you from a terrorist are vanishingly small. If more people were as serious about the real threats to their safety (health, distracted driving, etc) as they are about terrorism, the US would be a much healthier place.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
you have better odds of winning the lottery than you do of being killed in a terrorist incident by a foreign source, enjoy the concerts

You and facts...stop it already.

To be honest, I'm more worried about my knee than I am about a terrorist attack. I hurt it umping this weekend so walking up the ramps at NRG will prove a little more challenging tonight than usual. ;)

Last edited:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I refuse to worry about it - worrying won't change a thing anyway.

Not only that, but assuming you aren't muslim and you don't live in the ME, the chances of something happening to you from a terrorist are vanishingly small. If more people were as serious about the real threats to their safety (health, distracted driving, etc) as they are about terrorism, the US would be a much healthier place.
Obesity and facebooking/texting/tweeting while driving. I like it.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Not to discredit your facts, but I did notice the terrorist attacks was a 40 year average. My guess is within the last 10 years those odds have gotten a bit worse.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
In all fairness, I wish someone would have thrown me off the ramp last night with all the social justice warrior jockeying going on with Bono. Thankfully, the tickets were free, but I want my $20 in parking reimbursed.

Bono thinks the US should take in all the refugees. I suggested they all go to Ireland.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
In all fairness, I wish someone would have thrown me off the ramp last night with all the social justice warrior jockeying going on with Bono. Thankfully, the tickets were free, but I want my $20 in parking reimbursed.
Don't worry I'm sure they'll force another U2 album onto your phone against your will eventually that'll cover it.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Not to discredit your facts, but I did notice the terrorist attacks was a 40 year average. My guess is within the last 10 years those odds have gotten a bit worse.
not my facts, it is sourced, Cato Institutes facts

and sure they are skewed but the odds are still incredibly remote, this was just easy to find on google

not my facts, it is sourced, Cato Institutes facts

and sure they are skewed but the odds are still incredibly remote, this was just easy to find on google
Never seen anyone in one city win the lottery like those girls got bombed. Just seems you are trying to justify something here and it shouldn't be justified period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Never seen anyone in one city win the lottery like those girls got bombed. Just seems you are trying to justify something here and it shouldn't be justified period.

Justify? Really? I'm just trying to tell him not to worry about it as his and your/our chance of being involved in a terror are incredibly slim.

Im not trying to justify anything

eta http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...ennessee-powerball-winner-announced/94594970/

now you have

Justify? Really? I'm just trying to tell him not to worry about it as his and your/our chance of being involved in a terror are incredibly slim.

Im not trying to justify anything
Cool. Just saw something that didn't feel right. I wonder how many plots have been thwarted over time that we don't know about. That's not added into the argument. I won't say it is slim. Europe now is a hot bed for terrorism not.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I don't think Jon is justifying terrorism at all - he's simply pointing out that altering plans over something that has an almost zero chance of happening might not be the best course of action.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.