UK Explosion At Ariana Grande Concert, Fatalities

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Not even sure what to do or say about these sort of things anymore. I think the most appalling thing I can say is that this feels normal. How terrible is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Didn't the London mayor make a statement, not that long ago, that this is just something we all have to accept if we are going to live and work in big cities? Yes it is appalling that this feels in any way normal. I keep waiting for the western world to get sick of dealing with these animals. We're not there yet.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I fear that all the sporting venues in the US with thousands of fans offers a tantalizing target for these madmen.
I've worried about this for years - the average attendance for an FBS home game in 2016 was 43,070. That's a lot of people in a fairly small space with very little security...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I've worried about this for years - the average attendance for an FBS home game in 2016 was 43,070. That's a lot of people in a fairly small space with very little security...
Yes, from their standpoint, a nice "soft" target, which they say they're going to concentrate on now...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Coming up on the 16th anniversary of 9-11.

Does it make you wonder why anyone would be surprised at anything any terrorist would do after such a horrific event (as the 9-11 attacks)?

We've made strides in protecting ourselves but it should be obvious (by now) that we have a long way to go and things may get pretty dicey if the powers that be decide to really get serious.

Dicey for both sides that is.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Coming up on the 16th anniversary of 9-11.

Does it make you wonder why anyone would be surprised at anything any terrorist would do after such a horrific event (as the 9-11 attacks)?

We've made strides in protecting ourselves but it should be obvious (by now) that we have a long way to go and things may get pretty dicey if the powers that be decide to really get serious.

Dicey for both sides that is.
not really concerned about it, your guy will have this fixed in 30 days with his soopersekret plan right?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
not really concerned about it, your guy will have this fixed in 30 days with his soopersekret plan right?
He alone can do it but who knew terrorism could be so complicated? Maybe he can build a wall have ISIS pay for it.....

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Went see Mumford last night in Louisville. Those guys are pretty shaken about the tragedy. They wanted their message to be, not to let terror win. Music can bring all people together. Have to admit, as we were getting ready to leave arena, it was spooky. Cops/security everywhere. I mean everywhere.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
In a thread about an act of terrorism involving children you want to make reference to politics? For God's sake man, let it go for a while.

My apologies, I forgot who I was speaking of. For goodness sakes man, let it go for a while.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Again, thanks, but we're not talking about Trump in this thread, we're talking about a terrorist attack that killed a bunch of innocent people.

Keep your political jabs in the political threads.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Again, thanks, but we're not talking about Trump in this thread, we're talking about a terrorist attack that killed a bunch of innocent people.

Keep your political jabs in the political threads.
everything is political in 2017 and this guy was elected in no small part as he claimed he alone could solve this and even would have had this solved by now. I think it relevant and also find it funny that there have been 3 Trump mentions in this thread and only the 2 that are negative received any criticism

but I will stop, in this thread

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
everything is political in 2017 and this guy was elected in no small part as he claimed he alone could solve this and even would have had this solved by now. I think it relevant and also find it funny that there have been 3 Trump mentions in this thread and only the 2 that are negative received any criticism

Heavy sigh

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

No, you will stop it in all threads that are not absolutely political by nature. You added absolutely nothing to this thread except your little 'drive by' political post.

And if you cannot discern the difference between the three Trump posts, that's on you. There's an obvious difference among the three.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
No, you will stop it in all threads that are not absolutely political by nature. You added absolutely nothing to this thread except your little 'drive by' political post.

And if you cannot discern the difference between the three Trump posts, that's on you. There's an obvious difference among the three.
nevermind

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I can discern the difference fairly easily, criticism of Trump in non Trump criticism threads will not be tolerated, got it. The Trump fans need their safe spaces
It's not that simple at all - both of the posts I replied to added literally nothing to the thread - they were merely vehicles for taking a shot at Trump. Bazza's post was simply a Trump quote about the actual story and what needs to be done.

If you think I'm a Trump supporter then I have no idea what to tell you, besides you couldn't be more wrong.

The discussion about this is over in this thread, so let's get back to talking about the terror attack in Manchester.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
It's not that simple at all - both of the posts I replied to added literally nothing to the thread - they were merely vehicles for taking a shot at Trump. Bazza's post was simply a Trump quote about the actual story and what needs to be done.

If you think I'm a Trump supporter then I have no idea what to tell you, besides you couldn't be more wrong.

The discussion about this is over in this thread, so let's get back to talking about the terror attack in Manchester.
already removed the post and I know you aren't a Trump supporter, didn't insinuate that you were

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.