Link: An open letter to Byrne: Goff has to go - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Re: An open letter to Byrne: Goff has to go

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    For all the heck Saban takes for allegedly off signing, Goff is doing exactly that. Of course, it goes unnoticed since baseball isn't the money maker football is.
    Yeah, but a sophomore, who is your leading home run hitter? You don't run him off.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    For all the heck Saban takes for allegedly off signing, Goff is doing exactly that. Of course, it goes unnoticed since baseball isn't the money maker football is.
    It doesn't help that Goff just experienced the worst W-L season in a while, and he's got a bit of an "abrasive" coaching style, and Gaspard typically didn't change the players scholarships from year-to-year, AND he's cut/decreases the schollies of quite a few key personnel that you'd think would make the team better next year.

All-in-all very baffling choices of players he chooses to "get rid of" so-to-speak.

If you have frustrations and want them heard, e-mail Byrne - GKB@ia.ua.edu
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    Yeah, but a sophomore, who is your leading home run hitter? You don't run him off.
    Key is sophomore. Goff knows he can't be drafted AND he can't go juco. Therefore, he knows if he takes his $$$ he has 2 choices: 1. Sit a year and transfer or 2. play not on scholarship. Chances are a player won't want to sit a year AND pay his own way.

Taylor's a draft eligible sophomore, I believe.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Goff revoking scholarships apparently violates NCAA rules.

https://www.tidesports.com/goff-trie...on-ncaa-rules/

As I believed it did! I was told earlier, Goff will be out with cause by June 1. I was told of the article coming 2 days ago by the same person. (I trust them 100%)

Quote Originally Posted by WylieTexasTider View Post
    As I believed it did! I was told earlier, Goff will be out with cause by June 1. I was told of the article coming 2 days ago by the same person. (I trust them 100%)
    Let's hope so.

I have seen a couple people share the story about pulling scholarships on Facebook today. Both had inside connections to the athletic department, one is the father of a former player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am very surprised that the current AD has let this happen in this way. Maybe the University hired the wrong AD?

rtr

Quote Originally Posted by bamamick View Post
    I am very surprised that the current AD has let this happen in this way. Maybe the University hired the wrong AD?

rtr
    Knowing folks who knew him at Arizona, no way! Goff did not expect kids parents to go to the media. He thought the kids would transfer and it wouldn't be a big deal. He did the same thing at La Tech and got away with it...

Another week or less and this will all be resolved.
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."-Nick Saban

Oh, I really, really hope so. This guy has given the program a huge black eye, and work needs to begin right now to heal that wound.

rtr

Quote Originally Posted by WylieTexasTider View Post
    Knowing folks who knew him at Arizona, no way! Goff did not expect kids parents to go to the media. He thought the kids would transfer and it wouldn't be a big deal. He did the same thing at La Tech and got away with it...

Another week or less and this will all be resolved.
    Hopefully, that's the message Byrne is sending to the players and parents.