Link: An open letter to Byrne: Goff has to go - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Re: An open letter to Byrne: Goff has to go

Heard as recently as yesterday from someone plugged in pretty tightly to college baseball in the state that the players were so fed up with GG that they asked Greg Byrne to sit in on some sort of team exit meeting that was conducted at the end of the season. Not sure if that actually happened but that's what I heard.

Also found it interesting that not only has GG's name and bio pretty much been scrubbed from the university's athletic website but also includes a huge banner saying Greg Goff has been dismissed. Usually these things are done quietly and not advertised, much less promoted, on a websites. In this case its like they want EVERYONE to know what has been done. Given all of the allegations of what has been going on, that makes sense to me.
    Last edited by deliveryman35; May 27th, 2017 at 03:46 PM.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    Heard as recently as yesterday from someone plugged in pretty tightly to college baseball in the state that the players were so fed up with GG that they asked Greg Byrne to sit in on some sort of team exit meeting that was conducted at the end of the season. Not sure if that actually happened but that's what I heard.

Also found it interesting that not only has GG's name and bio pretty much been scrubbed from the university's athletic website but also includes a huge banner saying Greg Goff has been dismissed. Usually these things are done quietly and not advertised, much less promoted, on a websites. In this case its like they want EVERYONE to know what has been done. Given all of the allegations of what has been going on, that makes sense to me.
    The seniors all have exit interviews and some DID request Byrne to be present. To be fair to Goff, the players do bear a very small portion of blame in regards to not buying in. Byrne made that known when he told them Goff was dismissed. 99.9% of not buying in was the way Goff treated them!

On a side note, anyone see the video of Avery Johnson in the batting cage yesterday? Man needs to stick to basketball! 😂
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."-Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WylieTexasTider View Post
    On a side note, anyone see the video of Avery Johnson in the batting cage yesterday? Man needs to stick to basketball! 
    Yes I seen several claiming he was in there "hitting home runs". I had to laugh at that men's slowpitch softball swing he had.