Link: Propst: Alabama's Offense is as Good as It Will Ever Be

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

Moultrie (Ga.) Colquitt County head coach Rush Propst has five Alabama state titles and two Georgia state titles to date, made a name for himself nationally after having his teams featured on MTV's 'Two-A-Days,' and has sent over 50 players to FBS programs over the years.

Propst has taken in several college practices and spring games over the last two months. On vsporto's SEC Recruiting Buzz, Propst gave his take on how Alabama looks heading into the summer.

"Offensively, they are as good as they will ever be," Propst said. "Tell me what they don't have. They have five running backs, they have receivers running out the ying-yang. They have two quarterbacks. Do they have a legit O.J. Howard at tight end? No, you don't replace him. I think their linemen are better.

Junior tailback Bo Scarbrough is returning from a broken leg he suffered in the national championship against Clemson. Propst feels the Crimson Tide have plenty of depth to help him remain healthy.

"I think Najee Harris gets better and better, Damien Harris, I really like Jacobs (Josh Jacobs)," Propst said. "I think B.J. Emmons, if he can get well, he gives them another back. There is going to be a lot of New England stuff in the throw game and they will protect the backs a little more. Scarbrough will not have to tote it more than 12-14 times a game.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Jalen is the only player that matters when it comes to how good this offense will be IMO. We have always(under Saban) had a ton of talent surrounding the QB so I don't know that this group overall is that much more special than a few others we have had. The key difference is Jalen.

Edit: Obviously offensive scheme and play calling will play a huge part in the actual stats we put up.

Last edited:

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
I also believe the offense will be stronger this year. Jalen is a sophomore, working on his passing and reading defenses. many sound running backs. many receivers, and I expect a more physical offensive line. the offensive philosophy will be better able to take advantage of our strengths. defense will be good, but, depth may be a problem on the def line, and secondary.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
What excites me the most is Coach Daboll & hope he does attack any weakness any D we play against has as a unit..Keep attacking those weaknesses until they beg for mercy or the "Mercy Rule" is used to stop our offense..

I thought that was a weakness we had with Kiffin as our OC, Kiffin would become hell bent to run plays they were stuffing at the LOS, instead of exploiting obvious weaknesses D's had we played against..I hope I don't sound like I'm bashing Kiff, I'm not trying to, cause his record at Bama speaks for itself & I think Coach Kiffin did a great job as our OC..

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
What excites me the most is Coach Daboll & hope he does attack any weakness any D we play against has as a unit..Keep attacking those weaknesses until they beg for mercy or the "Mercy Rule" is used to stop our offense..

I thought that was a weakness we had with Kiffin as our OC, Kiffin would become hell bent to run plays they were stuffing at the LOS, instead of exploiting obvious weaknesses D's had we played against..I hope I don't sound like I'm bashing Kiff, I'm not trying to, cause his record at Bama speaks for itself & I think Coach Kiffin did a great job as our OC..
Didn`t some Civil War general say, " Hit `em where they ain`t " ?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.