News Article: Late Father a Motivator for Alabama's Latest Walk-On Success Story

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Click

"Ms. Wallace?"

Levi Wallace's mother heard her name called as she walked through a hallway inside the Mal Moore Athletic Facility this April.

It was Derrick Ansley, the Crimson Tide's defensive backs coach.

"I just wanted to tell you that your son is a wonderful person," Ansley told Wendy Wallace. "He has great talent, is very coachable and has done an amazing job for our team."

Levi Wallace might be Alabama's most unlikely success story. A former walk-on from Tucson, Arizona, the redshirt senior cornerback has emerged as a top backup and valuable special teams contributor at powerhouse Alabama despite only receiving interest from schools like Western New Mexico out of high school.

Playing for Alabama is the fulfillment a lifelong dream for Wallace, whose love for the Tide came from his father, Walter.

The success means more because of that and because he knows how special this would be for his dad if he were here to see this.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Wow. Thanks for the article. Personally, I hope he wins the job across from Averett. I like guys that have overcome adversity especially at the CB position.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Dang..Some of the rain from outside somehow got into my eye's all of a sudden..It's these kinda situations that makes the game of College Football the absolute best sport on planet Earth..College Football has a passion that's ingrained into our DNA going back many many many generations of die hard College Football Fans..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.