Goff Out Team meeting at 1:00PM; media around 3:00PM - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Re: Goff Out Team meeting at 1:00PM; media around 3:00PM

Hearing how Goff supposedly treated the players, I have to wonder what on earth made him think he can treat young men that way and get away with it, especially in the world we live in today?
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    Hearing how Goff supposedly treated the players, I have to wonder what on earth made him think he can treat young men that way and get away with it, especially in the world we live in today?
    Because more than likely he got away with that at his prior stops.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Im hearing compliance officers were at all spring sports due to Goff.
    “There's not too much to say. Alabama thoroughly beat us. They are a better team. They were coached better, they played better, and they looked like they will have a big season. They have a heck of a team.”
    Steve Spurrier

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    Could it be because Vandy is a private school? If I'm not mistaken, in Georgia you have to attend a public or state university/college.

Vandy still uses the TELS.
    “There's not too much to say. Alabama thoroughly beat us. They are a better team. They were coached better, they played better, and they looked like they will have a big season. They have a heck of a team.”
    Steve Spurrier

I was unaware you could use a lottery scholarship at a private school in Tennessee. Thanks for the correction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Stewart was on Wimp and Barry Sanderson's show yesterday. Like the way he put Goff's arrival to UA.

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-American crimsonkelly's Avatar

I have wondered myself how the assistants will land on their feet. Stinks to have to relocate so quickly after relocating.

BamaNation First Team Titans&Tide's Avatar

My son got to know CGG's oldest daughter through some mutual friends. She's even been in our home on multiple occasions and struck me as a very sweet, respectful, and likable young lady. I definitely feel for the families of these guys. Like Chris Stewart, I'm not debating whether CGG should have been let go or not. But knowing what this has to be like for these families, I really hate seeing folks publicly blast a guy on social media, knowing the human cost of these decisions, and knowing full well their kids follow their fathers on Twitter and elsewhere. It's pretty classless, IMHO.

I typically agree. However, knowing all Goff did, I don't feel sorry for him. (I am not going on rumor/third party. Things I personally saw/heard.

That said, going after his kids/wife on twitter is uncalled for. But, going after him......

Quote Originally Posted by Titans&Tide View Post
    My son got to know CGG's oldest daughter through some mutual friends. She's prob even been in our home on multiple occasions and struck me as a very sweet, respectful, and likable young lady. I definitely feel for the families of these guys. Like Chris Stewart, I'm not debating whether CGG should have been let go or not. But knowing what this has to be like for these families, I really hate seeing folks publicly blast a guy on social media, knowing the human cost of these decisions, and knowing full well their kids follow their fathers on Twitter and elsewhere. It's pretty classless, IMHO.
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."-Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Yep I agree he's fair game. If he doesn't like it, he shouldn't have done what he done. Now the wife and kids? No way. I think if I ever coached like that I wouldn't let my kids follow me.