Goff Out Team meeting at 1:00PM; media around 3:00PM
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Goff Out Team meeting at 1:00PM; media around 3:00PM

Confirmed.
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."-Nick Saban

2. Advertisement

Re: Goff Out Team meeting at 1:00PM; media around 3:00PM

Link

University of Alabama head baseball coach Greg Goff has been relieved of his duties, The Tuscaloosa News has learned.

The Tuscaloosa News previously reported that Goff attempted to reduce or revoke scholarships for up to 10 players in violation of NCAA rules during their exit interviews earlier this week.

Players who are still on campus were called to a 1 p.m. meeting to receive the news. UA athletic officials met with Goff on Wednesday and were in meetings throughout the morning to discuss the decision.

UA athletic officials also reached out to some players and their families to advise them to wait before making decisions on whether to transfer.
    Last edited by RTR91; May 24th, 2017 at 02:05 PM.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar

Wow! Byrne with the strong move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Excellent!

BamaNation All-American AlexanderFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamanut_aj View Post
    Wow! Byrne with the skrong move

Fixed it

"It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

Had to be done! There were other abuses not out there that would've come out! Media held them for multiple reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by WylieTexasTider View Post
    Had to be done! There were other abuses not out there that would've come out! Media held them for multiple reasons.
    Curious as to what they are.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."

Well, now is the time to make a solid hire and get back to building a solid baseball program. I just hate this for the kids who played for baseball 2017.

rtr

BamaNation Third Team

So, who is out there to hire...a "solid hire"? There are now two SEC positions open so the competition will be fierce.

Anyone have some names they want to suggest?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Last edited by Crimson1967; May 24th, 2017 at 03:58 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Curious as to what they are.
    One of them was this:

But the losing soon resumed and so too did the internal strife. The bitter end for Goff came shortly after a story in The Tuscaloosa News dropped with allegations that the coach told up to ten players he was planning to rescind their scholarships, which would violate NCAA rules if they were granted since the 2015-2016 academic year began.
    According to NCA bylaw 15.3.4.3.1, which was revised three years ago, "an institution may not set forth an athletically related condition (e.g., financial aid contingent upon specified performance or playing a specific position) that would permit the institution to reduce or cancel the student-athlete's financial aid during the period of the award if the conditions are not satisfied."
    http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...ncart_breaking

I knew that there was some issues with haircuts, beards, curfew, and things like that early in the season, but Im pretty sure there was more.
    Last edited by 81usaf92; May 24th, 2017 at 03:20 PM.
    “There's not too much to say. Alabama thoroughly beat us. They are a better team. They were coached better, they played better, and they looked like they will have a big season. They have a heck of a team.”
    Steve Spurrier

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    One of them was this:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...ncart_breaking

I bknew that there was some issues with haircuts, beards, curfew, and things like that early in the season, but Im pretty sure there was more.
    Wylie said there were things that had not come out yet. I'm curious about those.
    -- Coach Bryant

So am I. Now that he's fired, I wonder if we'll hear about those things. I've heard stories about him and recruits, alienating alumni and etc.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*