Looking For Info on Nick Saban Football Camp

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL
I'm taking my 11-year-old son to the Nick Saban Football Camp in about three weeks, and I'm curious if anyone on the board has had their son attend.

What should he/we expect? Other than the things they've instructed to bring (helmet, cleats, of course), what are some other things that would be helpful? How much of the camp do parents get to attend?

Just some of the (many) questions I have.

Swanny

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 7, 2004
Jag, I'll try to help you out as much as I can. My son went back in 2014 so been a while, but I would bet much hasn't changed. On Sunday arrival, EVERYONE is checking in that afternoon; may not hurt to wait until later to get in line. They will do vert jump, run 40, shuttle, broad jump, height and weight, etc. right after they check in. That is how they break them up into teams. Based on ability. The camp is pretty intense, 8 am to 8 pm. Plan on it being hot and prepare for thunderstorms. The indoor practice field is air conditioned, so the little ones usually stay in there. There are roped off areas at the practice facility that parents can watch. The kids get on buses and go eat meals at dining hall in groups, so it will give you a break to go do something by yourself. Every kid get pic with Coach Saban in the stadium. Also on last day all the older kids got to do drills and play flag football in stadium which is nice.

Unlike most head coaches who show up at beginning of camp, do little speech, and then show up on last day, Coach Saban is there ALL the time.... usually coaching the older kids in defensive secondary groups; but he is also monitoring everything. He even gets on the coaches when they are not coaching up kids properly! Coach Cochran does all of the flex period and warm ups. Entertaining to say the least. Another interesting observation is that you will see some of the assistant coaches duck away quickly from a drill to text on their phone, I would assume responding to a recruit. The recruiting never stops...

Last edited:

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
"Coach Saban is there ALL the time.... usually coaching the older kids in defensive secondary groups;..."

I was there in 2014 also with my grandson. CNS is obsessed with the secondary. They bring him over from the Secondary drills to observe the QB drills and after one pass he is on the other side of the ball coaching. To heck with the QBs.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.