Terry Bradshaw Says Nick Saban's Salary at Alabama Is 'Shameful'

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
Just look at football revenue pre-Saban and revenue with Saban.....not so shameful. Helluva investment, yes..... shameful, nah. If I'm not mistaken only a small portion of Saban and the rest of the coaches' salaries come from the actual state. Most of it come from funds propped up by donations I believe.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
When the going got toughest at USCe, Spurrier just quit. That's who Bradshaw thinks is a better coach and person? That speaks for itself...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Bradshaw is basically Skip Bayless in that he usually takes an odd an obscure stance on an issue, and toots his horn continuously if and when he is right on the issue. The only difference is Bradshaw actually played the game and he is actually serious when he takes that obscure stance.

There is a good reason why Steelers fans have a love -hate relationship with Bradshaw, and it deals with how he can wear out his welcome very fast by the things he says and does.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
In the case of my late stepfather, it was strictly hate. And a very deep-rooted hate.

OK................95% was because he beat out Nutter Dumber Terry Hanratty.

The other 5% was "He dumb. He dumb. That Bradshaw, he dumb. All them people from the South, they dumb." Sounds funnier when said in a "yinzer" accent. Trust me.

(Yeah, it was a tough few years living in that household.)

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Plus, I`m absolutely certain that Coach Saban and the University administration are losing sleep over what Terry Bradshaw " thinks".:rolleyes: on TideFans.com

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Plus, I`m absolutely certain that Coach Saban and the University administration are losing sleep over what Terry Bradshaw " thinks".:rolleyes: on TideFans.com

I thought the title (in my rapidly advancing middle age) said "Terry Saban Says Nick's Salary At Alabama Is Shameful"

THAT would bother me...........

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
I thought the title (in my rapidly advancing middle age) said "Terry Saban Says Nick's Salary At Alabama Is Shameful"
Following on to the advancing "maturation" angle, a down-home interpretation might be that "Terry Bradshaw Says Saban's Starbuck(s) Salary Shameful" - seeing that one of his ex-wives, ice skater JoJo Starbuck, hails from the olde hometown where 'Bama fans of a certain age might've seen Bradshaw's first college game in 1966, a 34-zip Tide win over "small college" La. Tech, whose starting quarterback was Phil Robertson of "Duck Dynasty" renown.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Bradshaw also is predicting that Tennessee will beat Alabama this year. I think his exact quote was that Tennessee "will walk all over" Alabama.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Bradshaw also is predicting that Tennessee will beat Alabama this year. I think his exact quote was that Tennessee "will walk all over" Alabama.
Tennessee plays @Alabama, @Florida, Georgia and LSU. All four of those have better recruiting class averages over five years (yes, even Florida) and all four have more wins in the past four years than Tennessee. You have to be uh .... um..... not so bright to go against those stats. Tennessee will have a 4-4 SEC record this season. Sorry 'bout that Terry.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
To be fair , Tennessee could walk all over Alabama if the entire first second and third team come down with the flu, including all the coaches and the band and cheerleaders and a handful of walk-ons had to play instead and the coaches were a 14 year olds that are really good at playstation. Even then it would be close because Botch is still the coach in Tennessee.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
I assume no one here heard this live? It was back and forth banter with Phylis on the Finebaum show. All he was doing was poking Phylis and it worked. I don't think he meant any of it. And I'll assume that those people here with the opinion that Bradshaw was overpaid as a player are doing the same.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.