Terry Bradshaw Says Nick Saban's Salary at Alabama Is 'Shameful'

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I assume no one here heard this live? It was back and forth banter with Phylis on the Finebaum show. All he was doing was poking Phylis and it worked. I don't think he meant any of it. And I'll assume that those people here with the opinion that Bradshaw was overpaid as a player are doing the same.
I listened to it and IMO that's all it was. "Made for tv" type stuff. Bradshaw knew what Finebaum wanted, played a part and ran with it.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I like Terry Bradshaw but he is dead wrong in this case. When I see executives of some companies have multi million dollar salaries and ridiculous golden parachutes after they ran their companies into the ground, I am thankful every day for Coach Saban. He is easily worth twice what he is paid when you consider his return on investment. The University has had amazing income, success, funding other sports, and donations by alumni, as a direct result of the success of the football program which is a direct result of Coach Saban's work.

Terry be grateful you "earn" your $1 million for flapping your jaws. There is an old saying: If I can buy him for what he is worth and sell him for what he thinks he is worth, then I'd a rich person.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The moral outrage over salaries is sorta justified in abstract but I find the directed outrage towards one coach when they get a massive contract/extension to be a bit off-putting. It isn't like Saban created this circumstance. Bradshaw's employer and his employer's competitors created the circumstances where the best coaches get better-than-NFL money. The NCAA's amateurism rules reinforce this circumstance in coaching salaries because staff (coaching, conditioning, or general) is the only substantial human resource cost. In fact, staff is the only way to give indirect benefits to the players beyond the basics. They can't just pay the kids and there are only so many physical goods they can legally provide the players, so they hire nutritionist and chefs and tutors and off-field analysts and assistant S&C coaches and the list goes on.

I guess I'm saying: the fact coaches make this kind of money at the top levels of college football is a bit concerning but I'm not going to fault a person for taking what the market will pay for their services. If that is the kind of money these schools have to give then I guess the real questions aren't towards the coaches but instead the administrators.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If someone says it is shameful you make ten million dollars a year, just look at them and smile. Because you have ten million dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
The only real info in Bradshaw's comments is that he doesn't like Saban. Breaks my heart... not.

JaxTider

Suspended
Jan 10, 2017
Bradshaw was just stirring the pot on the Finebaum show just trying to be funny.

It's really not worth paragraphs of indepth analysis.

BigGunn

1st Team
Dec 5, 2004
Pace, Florida
I assume no one here heard this live? It was back and forth banter with Phylis on the Finebaum show. All he was doing was poking Phylis and it worked. I don't think he meant any of it. And I'll assume that those people here with the opinion that Bradshaw was overpaid as a player are doing the same.
This is exactly what I heard too. He was just trying to rile Phyllis. And was laughing the whole time.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Bradshaw played well before the big money happened...thats why he'll be in the NFL studio for Fox until his health declines to the point he can't.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
We're doing exactly what Finbaum and Bradshaw wanted....attention. Anytime there is an article or video that's negative about Coach Saban they know it will generate a giant response. Bradshaw is a buffoon.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
We're doing exactly what Finbaum and Bradshaw wanted....attention. Anytime there is an article or video that's negative about Coach Saban they know it will generate a giant response. Bradshaw is a buffoon.

All I know to say about Bradshaw is that he better be glad Phil Robertson loved duck hunting more than football.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I always liked Terry Bradshaw. But, personally... I think he took too many licks to the head.
What does he know about coaching? I'm gonna put this down as professional Jealously.

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
A few have pointed out that it s tongue in check yet people are still replying as though he was being serious. If you actually listen to it you would know that he s just having fun with Phyllis.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.