Rest in peace, Gregg Allman...

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Gregg Allman, RIP

click

Gregg Allman, the soulful singer-songwriter and rock n' blues pioneer who founded The Allman Brothers Band with his late brother, Duane, and composed such classics as "Midnight Rider," "Melissa" and the epic concert jam "Whipping Post," has died at age 69, Billboard has learned. He was diagnosed with hepatitis C in 1999 and underwent a liver transplant in 2010.

He "passed away peacefully at his home in Savannah, Georgia," according to a statement on Gregg Allman's official website, noting that the family planned to release a statement soon. "Gregg struggled with many health issues over the past several years. During that time, Gregg considered being on the road playing music with his brothers and solo band for his beloved fans, essential medicine for his soul. Playing music lifted him up and kept him going during the toughest of times."

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Gregg Allman, RIP

RIP. You can't be a self-respecting Southerner without a few of his on your mp3 player/phone.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Re: Gregg Allman, RIP

Bummer, saw ABB play many times. Have a pick I caught from Dickey Betts. My daughter's middle names are Melissa and Jessica.
:frown:

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I've been listening to the Allman Brothers all night. Man. This year sucks for music. I got to see the Allman Brothers once when I was younger, before I understood really how big or influential they were. Glad I got to experience that.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I bought his solo album when it first came out in '73. I still have it. I played it over and over....thought it was VERY good.....I still do. So much talent. I'll celebrate what Gregg left us and that he is now out of pain.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
My brother and I saw The Allman Brothers Band in concert at the Tampa stadium in 1972-73 (can't remember the exact date). Wet Willie opened for them. I have some photos somewhere.

That's the only time I ever saw them.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.