Top Movies to Watch Over Memorial Day

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
No Time for Sergeants is on TCM right now. Absolutely a hilarious movie starring Andy Griffith.
One of my favorites. Yesterday, PBS had excellent documentaries on Pearl Harbor and the Normandy invasion that I hadn't seen.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
At 5pm today on THIS-TV channel they are airing the 5 hour director's cut of Das Boot.
5 hours?

The movie theater on DuPont Circle in DC used to show second-run movies for $2. They would also show double features. They would show Das Boot and Apocalypse Now back to back. Man. Talk about depressing.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I would add my favorites, Where Eagles Dare, The Longest Day, Ride with the Devil, The Green Berets, and (not US, but gut wrenching soldier's eye view of war) The Cross of Iron.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
5 hours?

The movie theater on DuPont Circle in DC used to show second-run movies for $2. They would also show double features. They would show Das Boot and Apocalypse Now back to back. Man. Talk about depressing.
Yeah....5 hours.
1/2 hour to go.

Gotta say...this director's cut edition is WELL WORTH watching if you enjoyed the movie.

It's the same movie...but better.....more content, obviously. Some scenes that weren't in the regular version as well.

I'm of German heritage (hard to believe with the last name of Schultz, I know) so it makes it that much more endearing....

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
I would add my favorites, .... and (not US, but gut wrenching soldier's eye view of war) The Cross of Iron.
Good one. I was in a situation once where I used the line about body oils and dirt making one waterproof. Alas, I had to explain the quote due to the youth of the troops present.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.