Prayers for My Daughter

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
My youngest daughter, 30, is in ICU following what appears to be a drug overdose Friday night. She has been very active in AA and we thought she was doing better, but as we all know you are never out of the woods when it comes to substance abuse. She is on a ventilator and sedated. The doctor told us about an hour ago that the next 48-72 hours would be critical. He cautioned us that there may be some brain damage, but her heart, lungs, and kidney functions all look good. I would appreciate you remembering her in your prayers it would mean a lot to me. Will update as I can. Thanks to all Tidefans y'all are a special folks.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Thank you. She is breathing on her own now and hopefully will get her breathing tube removed tomorrow, but she is still in serious condition.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
It is with deep regret that I come again asking for prayers for my youngest daughter who has been fighting drug addiction for a long time. After over two years clean, she had a relapse yesterday and was in a wreck that totaled her car, no one was injured, but she was admitted to residential drug rehabilitation this afternoon, her third time. Losing her mother in January obviously was a serious blow, but she hung on until yesterday. I am now grieving for my wife and my daughter.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It is with deep regret that I come again asking for prayers for my youngest daughter who has been fighting drug addiction for a long time. After over two years clean, she had a relapse yesterday and was in a wreck that totaled her car, no one was injured, but she was admitted to residential drug rehabilitation this afternoon, her third time. Losing her mother in January obviously was a serious blow, but she hung on until yesterday. I am now grieving for my wife and my daughter.
I am so sorry to hear this. My brother has struggled with drug addiction his entire adult life. Some things make us feel so powerless.

You are in my prayers, as is your daughter.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
My daughter, who has had three 30 day stints in inpatient therapy for drug overdose, has just been released from her fourth 30 day stay. She had a 30 day stay while her mother was hospitalized back in November. Her latest episode was triggered by her mother's death, and I am afraid what may happen since she also worries about me living alone now. She totaled her car on 4/19 and was admitted to inpatient therapy on 4/20 through today. I ask that y'all remember her in your prayers, she needs more help than I can give her.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
She’s fine just living each day! The chemo is hard, but it’s keeping her alive! We stay in a lot because of her weakened immune system.Thanks for asking.

Reactions: B1GTide

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
My daughter, who has had three 30 day stints in inpatient therapy for drug overdose, has just been released from her fourth 30 day stay. She had a 30 day stay while her mother was hospitalized back in November. Her latest episode was triggered by her mother's death, and I am afraid what may happen since she also worries about me living alone now. She totaled her car on 4/19 and was admitted to inpatient therapy on 4/20 through today. I ask that y'all remember her in your prayers, she needs more help than I can give her.
Make sure she goes to a good AA or NA group regularly -- every day if possible -- and has a good sponsor. In my experience this is the only model that has worked with any degree of success.

• Thank You
Reactions: GrayTide

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Gray, you have and continue to endure more than anyone needs to. Both you and your daughter are in my Prayers. May the Lord wrap his arms around you both.

• Thank You
Reactions: GrayTide

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I decided last Thursday to attempt to clean out my wife's closet. Day 1 went pretty good, but Day 2 I completely broke down. I got back on it this weekend and even cleaned out her chest of drawers and vanity. Got it all packed and dropped off at Goodwill yesterday. I still have a lot to get rid of, but feel better now about getting that behind me. I have a friend who lost her husband and has not been in his closet since he died 4 years ago. I plan to sell my house and relocate next summer so I have to develop a plan to make this as smooth as possible. I have told my children I will not be home for Christmas. I am planning on going somewhere by myself for 3-4 days to include Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, cannot stay here with all the Christmas memories.

Last edited:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
We all grieve in our own way, Gray. I'm sorry you're going through such a tough time. But I'm glad you're finding ways to deal with it that work for you, on a schedule that works for you.

So long as you're not hiding in a hole (and you're definitely not), don't let anybody tell you how to deal with your grief. Continue to listen to your heart. Deal with it your way on your time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.