My Daughter's Condition

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Please know that I am praying for your daughter and entire family during this time. May God grant all of you the sustaining grace needed to be with your daughter.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Met with Doctor this morning, He said that she had turned the corner and that her kidney function is much improved. He said she might be released to inpatient physical therapy as early as Tuesday or Wednesday and after finishing that (7-10 days) she would go to inpatient rehab. This has been a long and arduous two weeks and I am appreciative of everyone's thoughts, prayers and words of encouragement. Will follow up later.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
So glad to see she is doing better. Praying for you all.

Addiction is a hard thing to deal with. My family knows all too well the damages addiction causes. Lost an aunt last year to a drug overdose. It's sad.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Thanks Jessica, she has made huge strides the last few days. Hopefully will be headed to physical therapy very soon. BTW how is school, or have you started yet?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Met with Doctor this morning, He said that she had turned the corner and that her kidney function is much improved. He said she might be released to inpatient physical therapy as early as Tuesday or Wednesday and after finishing that (7-10 days) she would go to inpatient rehab. This has been a long and arduous two weeks and I am appreciative of everyone's thoughts, prayers and words of encouragement. Will follow up later.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Thanks Jessica, she has made huge strides the last few days. Hopefully will be headed to physical therapy very soon. BTW how is school, or have you started yet?
That's awesome news. Hopefully she will make a complete recovery.

I haven't started yet. I will be in August, so I only have two more months at my current job. I will not be working at all so that I can focus on school only. Thanks for asking, though. I am excited and nervous.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
She will check out of the hospital in the morning and will be headed to another facility close by for physical therapy and after that to inpatient rehab. The doctors are amazed at her recuperation. In addition to all of you on here, somebody much bigger was looking after her. Hope we never have this type thread for anyone on here, ever. Words do not express my thanks.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
She will check out of the hospital in the morning and will be headed to another facility close by for physical therapy and after that to inpatient rehab. The doctors are amazed at her recuperation. In addition to all of you on here, somebody much bigger was looking after her. Hope we never have this type thread for anyone on here, ever. Words do not express my thanks.
glad to hear that gray, i know it's been a tough few weeks.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Phil Fulmer was looking after her too? ;)

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I've been in a similar situation as yours, so I know first hand of your anxiety. I'm so glad she's doing better. Prayers abound for her continued recovery.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Glad things are going much better. I'm sure you haven't slept a lot so hopefully you'll be able to catch up on some Zzz's soon.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Thanks Baz. My daughter has been in PT since last Thursday and is making some moderate progress. Will probably remain there for another 10+ days. She is coming around but it is a slow process. She still seems confused at times which concerns us. The doctor says it is likely some residual effects on the brain's lack of oxygen. He did not seem overly concerned so we continue to wait and see if this is temporary.

Last edited:

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I'm glad to hear she's making some progress. It sounds like y'all are sort of on a one day at a time scenario. We will continue to pray for all of your family. I hope you had a good father's day.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.