My Daughter's Condition

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Thanks for asking, Bazz. After 6 weeks we brought her home Thursday. She will continue PT as an outpatient for the next 4 weeks. After that I am not sure what the plan is. She is hoping to be back teaching around the first of October which may or may not happen. One day at a time is the only sane way I know to approach this ordeal. As always, I deeply appreciate everyone on here for their encouragement, thoughts and prayers.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
After two and a half months of physical therapy and occupational rehab she has been released to return to work on October 2 (she teaches 7th grade English). It is with great trepidation that we see her leave knowing this is her third attempt at remaining drug free. On a positive note however, she will be in a sober living facility (halfway house) where she will have a structured lifestyle and support. Of course she has been through this before too so who knows the efficacy of this living arrangement. She has a few noticeable (to us) physical problems as a direct result of the overdose and not breathing for an unknown period of time, but it is nothing compared to what could have been. Hopefully getting back to work and having some structure away from work will help her find her way back. Thanks to everyone who offered their thoughts, prayers and words of support during this ordeal.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
After two and a half months of physical therapy and occupational rehab she has been released to return to work on October 2 (she teaches 7th grade English). It is with great trepidation that we see her leave knowing this is her third attempt at remaining drug free. On a positive note however, she will be in a sober living facility (halfway house) where she will have a structured lifestyle and support. Of course she has been through this before too so who knows the efficacy of this living arrangement. She has a few noticeable (to us) physical problems as a direct result of the overdose and not breathing for an unknown period of time, but it is nothing compared to what could have been. Hopefully getting back to work and having some structure away from work will help her find her way back. Thanks to everyone who offered their thoughts, prayers and words of support during this ordeal.
Thanks for updating us, GrayTide. I'm glad she has recovered to this point and hope she continues to improve.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Well, that is about as good as could be expected. Having lived with a family member with severe drug abuse problems, I know how scary and troubling it can be (for you and her). I truly hope she makes a go of the opportunity she has been given.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Today is my first look at this thread, my heart breaks for everybody involved. My prayers and best wishes are with you.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
The best news I've heard in a while....good for her.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.