2017 NCAA Baseball Regionals/Super Regionals - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 46
  1. #14
    BamaNation Hall of Fame AUDub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    I don't roll on Shabbos.
    Posts
    6,747

    Re: 2017 NCAA Baseball Regionals/Super Regionals

    Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    Well the barners win 5-3 and move on to the regional final. Stanford/CSU Fullerton is playing now and if CSUF wins they'll be the first team to move to the Super Regionals.
    We're sitting pretty, but we're now out of "sure thing" starters. Hope we get the Davis Daniel we got against UT and MSU earlier this year for the final tomorrow.

    Good thing is, if we get to a super, the Lubbock regional platter has looked pretty blasť. A CWS appearance is a possibility.
    Last edited by AUDub; June 3rd, 2017 at 10:14 PM.
    Just a barner.

    Katy, bar the door. Annie, get your gun.

    Here they come.

  2. Advertisement
  3. #15
    BamaNation All-American crimsonkelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Thomasville, GA, USA
    Posts
    2,786

    Re: 2017 NCAA Baseball Regionals/Super Regionals

    Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    We're sitting pretty, but we're now out of "sure thing" starters. Hope we get the Davis Daniel we got against UT and MSU earlier this year for the final tomorrow.

    Good thing is, if we get to a super, the Lubbock regional platter has looked pretty blasť. A CWS appearance is a possibility.
    Good to AU and all the other SEC brethern as far as I am concerned!

    How do you guys feel with us picking Bohannon off?
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

  4. #16
    BamaNation Hall of Fame AUDub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    I don't roll on Shabbos.
    Posts
    6,747

    Re: 2017 NCAA Baseball Regionals/Super Regionals

    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonkelly View Post
    Good to AU and all the other SEC brethern as far as I am concerned!

    How do you guys feel with us picking Bohannon off?

    Kidding.

    I think he'll be a good get for y'all, not unlike Thompson was for us. (If nothing else, he's a big step up from Goff.) Guy is a great recruiter and will bring the talent to get you back on track. How good a game day coach he'll turn out to be remains to be seen, but he's a highly respected assistant and knows the game so I expect good things there.
    Just a barner.

    Katy, bar the door. Annie, get your gun.

    Here they come.

  5. #17
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    6,673
    Thread Starter

    Re: 2017 NCAA Baseball Regionals/Super Regionals

    SEC did pretty good today. Here is what happened today:

    Vandy goes to the Clemson Regional Final by beating Clemson 9-4

    Texas moves into the Long Beach Regional Final.

    Stanford was the first #1 seed to be eliminated and CSU-Fullerton is the first team to reach the Super Regionals.

    The barn moves into the Tallahassee Regional Final by beating Tennessee Tech 5-3.

    Hattiesburg was rained out again. They have only played 2 games so far.

    LSU moves into their Regional Final

    #4 seed Davidson moves into the Chapel Hill Regional Final

    Texas A&M moves into the Houston Regional Final

    Missouri State upset Arkansas to move into the Fayetteville Regional Final.

    Florida becomes the 5th SEC team to move to the Regional Final

    SEC was 5-2 with Arkansas and Kentucky being the only teams losing today.

    Stanford became the first National Seed to be put out of the tournament.

    National Seeds are 14-3 so far with Stanford (2-2) being the only one eliminated. UNC is the other team facing early elimination Sunday with 5 other National Seeds waiting in their Regional Final.

  6. #18
    BamaNation All-American crimsonkelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Thomasville, GA, USA
    Posts
    2,786

    Re: 2017 NCAA Baseball Regionals/Super Regionals

    Pretty solid day outside of Arkansas and Kentucky. We can't win em all though!

  7. #19
    BamaNation All-American crimsonkelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Thomasville, GA, USA
    Posts
    2,786

    Re: 2017 NCAA Baseball Regionals/Super Regionals

    Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post

    Kidding.

    I think he'll be a good get for y'all, not unlike Thompson was for us. (If nothing else, he's a big step up from Goff.) Guy is a great recruiter and will bring the talent to get you back on track. How good a game day coach he'll turn out to be remains to be seen, but he's a highly respected assistant and knows the game so I expect good things there.
    Lol, I think you hit the nail on the head there.

  8. #20
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    6,673
    Thread Starter

    Re: 2017 NCAA Baseball Regionals/Super Regionals

    Here it is, almost 3am in the morning and Arkansas and Missouri State are STILL playing! The lead has changed multiple times and the rain came again in the 8th and the umps were about to call it before Dave Van Horn goes nuts, seems to have had a valid argument since Arky pitched their half of the 8th so here we are in the 8th and Arky goes back up 9-8 now. Missouri State pitcher keeps trying to throw sliders in the rain, not smart, and sure enough he sails one above the batter and the runner at 3rd scores to put them up. Reminds me of the Bama/OU softball game in the rain.

    Edit: Sure enough as I hit send Arkansas hits a 2-run homer to go up 11-8. What a weird game/night/morning.

  9. #21
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    6,673
    Thread Starter

    Re: 2017 NCAA Baseball Regionals/Super Regionals

    3:07am: MSU hits a 2-run homer in the top of the 9th to bring it to 11-10 as they were down to 2 strikes and 2 out before that. Now a pitching change

  10. #22
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    6,673
    Thread Starter

    Re: 2017 NCAA Baseball Regionals/Super Regionals

    3:11am, it's finally over! This game had about anything you could imagine, drama, rain delay after rain delay, two coaches raising cane with the umps over playing in the rain again, to come backs after come backs. Arky finally wins 11-10

  11. #23
    BamaNation All-American edwd58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,123

    Re: 2017 NCAA Baseball Regionals/Super Regionals

    Didn't even try staying up for the Arkansas game, but did hang around for the AU/FSU ending. FSU in control most of the game, AU -down to their last strike at one point - rallied for 3 in the T9 to take a 1 run lead. Not to be outdone, FSU is down to their last strike and dude hits a triple to bring in the tying run and to extra innings it went. After a quick 2 outs in the B10, FSU gets a couple of walks, an infield single, and on a 0-2 count the AU pitcher hit the batter. FSU wins to set up a winner take all game today. Fun times for those with no dog in the fight.
    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

  12. #24
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    6,673
    Thread Starter

    Re: 2017 NCAA Baseball Regionals/Super Regionals

    Quote Originally Posted by edwd58 View Post
    Didn't even try staying up for the Arkansas game, but did hang around for the AU/FSU ending. FSU in control most of the game, AU -down to their last strike at one point - rallied for 3 in the T9 to take a 1 run lead. Not to be outdone, FSU is down to their last strike and dude hits a triple to bring in the tying run and to extra innings it went. After a quick 2 outs in the B10, FSU gets a couple of walks, an infield single, and on a 0-2 count the AU pitcher hit the batter. FSU wins to set up a winner take all game today. Fun times for those with no dog in the fight.

    Yea that was a crazy game too. I thought FSU was done for until that triple, thought the CF almost knocked himself out. Was one heckuva try, that's for sure!

  13. #25
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    6,673
    Thread Starter

    Re: 2017 NCAA Baseball Regionals/Super Regionals

    Texas A&M just finished Houston off 4-3 to advance to the Supers

  14. #26
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    6,673
    Thread Starter

    Re: 2017 NCAA Baseball Regionals/Super Regionals

    Another national seed falls as Sam Houston State takes both games against Texas Tech.

    Now the barn/FSU are playing for a Super Regional spot not to mention hosting a Super Regional now.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 

TideFansStore.com: Get YOUR gear!