Hyundai fires model who left auto show to go to bathroom because she got her period

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
If the facts are as cut and dry as they are represented in this article then obviously they should have a little understanding and sympathy for the normal biological functions of every single woman on the planet. She didn't ask to go home, she didn't ask for time off, she simply went to the restroom and asked for a new uniform so she could continue working. That's all you can really ask of an employee when something they have little control over happens. Again- assuming everything is as cut and dry as it is stated here. We are only hearing her side of it.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I'm guessing that Hyundai management is not familiar with the idea of "reasonable accommodation."
I'm wondering if it was Hyundai

I used to do a ton of trade shows, haven't in a while but when I was with large corporations we outsourced 90% of the detail work such as hiring and managing the booth babes. For smaller companies I was the booth babe

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I used to do a ton of trade shows, haven't in a while but when I was with large corporations we outsourced 90% of the detail work such as hiring and managing the booth babes. For smaller companies I was the booth babe
From the link:

The lawsuit targets Hyundai and Experiential Talent, which had hired Rickert.

Experiential Talent declined to comment when approached by the New York Post, and a Hyundai spokesman said: 'We take any complaint like this seriously and will respond appropriately once we have a chance to investigate the merits of the claim.'
Going to take a wild guess and say she's going after both since Hyundai is the one with the money.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al

Somehow Jon, I don't think you fair well in comparison to the plaintiff!:)

Last edited by a moderator:

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
And she continued: 'You’re not a robot. You have to use the bathroom especially when you’re on your period.
Japan is on the case. Soon sex robots will replace these models and then no bathroom breaks needed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.