Brad Bohannon Named Head Coach - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Al A Bama's Avatar

Re: Brad Bohannon Named Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    I'm waiting for the call. I can teach hitting to a blind man.
    Let him know that Al A Bama has recommended you highly.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

2. Advertisement

Brad Bohannon is the Right Man for the Job

Athletic Director Greg Byrne announced his choice for Alabama’s 32nd baseball coach on Thursday, picking 14 year SEC veteran assistant Brad Bohannon as the head man. Bohannon has been at Auburn the last two seasons, after spending 12 years at Kentucky. Bohannon got his start at Wake Forest as a volunteer coach, spending two years there. At his previous stops, Byrne hired John Cohen at Mississippi State and Jay Johnson at Arizona. Cohen reached the College World Series within three years and Johnson did in his first year, finishing as national runner up.

Auburn is playing in the Tallahassee Regional this weekend, and Bohannon will remain with the Tigers at least through this weekend. It has been reported there will be a press conference on Monday in Tuscaloosa to introduce the new coach.

Alabama followed the model of several SEC teams over the last few years of hiring a first time head coach with experience as an assistant at a big time program. Florida plucked Kevin O’Sullivan from Clemson in 2008 after serving as the Tigers pitching coach for nine years. Kentucky hired Mississippi State assistant Nick Mingione last year and he is SEC Coach of the Year this season. Auburn named long time Mississippi State pitching coach Butch Thompson as head coach after ridding themselves of Sunny Golloway, and Mississippi State hire Andy Cannizaro was hitting coach at LSU before heading to Starkville. All were first time head coaches and have had great success thus far.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

I will admit I do like the Serrano hire if true, not many pitching coaches have over 400 wins on a staff. So if he does hire him, it will be a huge step in the right direction I think.

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    I will admit I do like the Serrano hire if true, not many pitching coaches have over 400 wins on a staff. So if he does hire him, it will be a huge step in the right direction I think.
    Agree on Serrano. Need a hitting coach who gets the most out of his guys! I know I'm dreaming but Dave Magadan would make a heck of a hitting coach.
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."-Nick Saban

Not sure where he is but I wonder if Dax would be a possibility for a position on the staff.

BamaNation All-American 1FitToBeTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside13 View Post
    Not sure where he is but I wonder if Dax would be a possibility for a position on the staff.
    Currently on staff, working with pitchers and recruiting.

"When you are arguing against Him, you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all." C.S. Lewis

"Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth thrown in. Aim at Earth and you will get neither." C.S Lewis

Really? That is cool. Did he have any sort of position with the former staff?

Rtr

Next season at this time you will be watching your team play on TV......

Congrats on the hire....you did well!

BamaNation All-American crimsonkelly's Avatar

Dax is at Florida International as pitching coach.

Personally would love for him to come back!

Wouldn't mind the Ole Siss hitting coach, they are always on the hot seat over there and I'm surprised they haven't slashed Bianco yet. They seem to hate the guy here lately (Bianco that is)

So Dax is with the guy that was at Alabama State. Makes sense. I wouldn't mind seeing him come back, but maybe he needs a bit of a change. He can certainly coach either hitting or pitching without any drop off in either.

There for a time I figured Bianco would be a candidate for our job. There is a faction over there that would like to see them move on.

Rtr

Quote Originally Posted by bamamick View Post
    So Dax is with the guy that was at Alabama State. Makes sense. I wouldn't mind seeing him come back, but maybe he needs a bit of a change. He can certainly coach either hitting or pitching without any drop off in either.

There for a time I figured Bianco would be a candidate for our job. There is a faction over there that would like to see them move on.

Rtr
    No joke. I would take Bianco in a minute. But every year you think they are going to fire him something happens and they don't. Next year he'll be in the CWS knowing him....lol

Love this hire !!!!!!