Brad Bohannon Named Head Coach - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: Brad Bohannon Named Head Coach

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

2. Advertisement

I haven't really commented because it's hard to evaluate Bohannon as this point in time. But, Alabama has an AD who seems to have a good understanding of quality baseball programs and he went out and got a guy with good working knowledge of SEC baseball programs. I have to trust that this works out well.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban
    "This is how it should be every game, every home game... the fans were just amazing". - Kevin Norwood on 2013 LSU game
    "Four, five-star recruits are in Tuscaloosa, and then they see a stadium start emptying out at halftime"

Quote Originally Posted by bamamick View Post
    Yeah, I have gotten that from a couple of people I have heard from, that Goff was so far from where Mitch was that some of the team was NEVER going to get with his program.

I heard an interview with Wallace Gillberry once where he talked about being a senior on CNS's first team. He said that you could just tell that Saban had it right and that he tried to get the other seniors on-board with what Coach was trying to accomplish, but that not everyone could adjust and it hurt both those players and the team. I can certainly see that, and I understand what Goff was trying to do. On the other hand, CNS was smart enough to understand that you still have to get the best out of the guys you've got. Regardless of what everyone says, I refuse to believe that our 2017 team couldn't have played better. Eich and Walters are/were quality pitchers, and the position players were pretty much what we had on a 15-15 team the year before, but to be historically bad? If Mitch was still here would this team have been 5-24-1? No, I don't think so. I think that Goff quit on these players early in the game and that the players responded in-kind.

But that's over now. A fresh start. Looking forward to it.

rtr
    I'd argue if Mitch and his staff was still around they would've been .500 or better in the SEC. I think part of the issue with pitching was never settling on a catcher. AND Dax was really missed.

None were Haynie on D. Webb hit when he played. Kyle hit decent and DeVinny hit when pitched to. What I mean by that is he had a .400+ OBP most of the year with a lot of walks. Not sure if Webb could've played LF but, always wondered if they could've had all 3 in the lineup. Typically one was at Catcher and one at DH. That sat either a top 3 OBP guy or a .300 bat.
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."-Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame cuda.1973's Avatar

While you are still lurking here..................

Still think the stRangers will win 95 games? My sub-.500 prediction is looking better than yours.

Which is odd, as nothing about me looks good.
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own, to do as I please."

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cuda.1973 View Post

Still think the stRangers will win 95 games? My sub-.500 prediction is looking better than yours.

Go Rockies! Became a fan out there when I last went out to Denver in 2015. They have the lineup to hang with anyone! Biggest issue is pitching and so far it has held up. Have to wonder if the arms slump or not and that will tell if they go to the playoffs or not.

Still hoping for a Rox/Sox World Series

Quote Originally Posted by cuda.1973 View Post

Yeah..... I got fooled by the 10 game win streak...They have the talent to win the 2nd WC.
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."-Nick Saban

I have a daughter living in downtown Denver (all three of my kids have lived in Colorado at one time or another) and went to a Rockies game a couple of weeks ago. Looks like they have plenty of hitting.

I am a lifelong Braves fan.

rtr

Quote Originally Posted by bamamick View Post
    I have a daughter living in downtown Denver (all three of my kids have lived in Colorado at one time or another) and went to a Rockies game a couple of weeks ago. Looks like they have plenty of hitting.

I am a lifelong Braves fan.

rtr
    I go out there almost every year to visit a great friend of mine. Matter of fact I'm going back just before Thanksgiving. Spent a month out there in '15 so I could see the Rockies that whole month as I planned it around their home stand. They have really hit well most years and outside of Coors as well. They just couldn't outscore everyone and now that they have Bud Black they have been pretty dang good. They have THE BEST 3B in the game today (and maybe ever) in Arenado, Story is a good up and coming SS, Lemahieu won the batting title at 2B last year, and Chuck Nazty (Blackmon) and CarGo solidified the outfield. They also are without #1 starter Jon Gray and without David Dahl (from Oak Mountain) as he broke through last year and was in the spot to start in LF before his injury. If they get both back at 100% they are going to be tough for sure.

We couldn't believe the Troy Tulowitzki trade but it seems like this team is even better without him which is odd. Story plays more games but doesn't quite have the bat Tulo did but it's coming around.

Very happy so far. Now if the Red Sox can get their crap in gear we'll be ok

South Carolina has fired their coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    South Carolina has fired their coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not surprising, I'm surprised it took this long

BamaNation All-American crimsonkelly's Avatar

And he was given a vote of confidence a while back I think. Those votes are the kiss of death. Might as well start packing after you dust off and update the resume!

UTK offered their job to Calvi, who actually turned it down, so Jag fans were breathing much easier. Then came the word from Columbia.

Rtr

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    That's not surprising, I'm surprised it took this long
    Eh, it's all relative. Unless there's something behind the scenes that I don't know about him, he basically got forced out for not being Ray Tanner.
    "A great value of antiquity lies in the fact that its writings are the only ones that modern men still read with exactness."