Brad Bohannon Named Head Coach

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
So Bama hires away an Auburn assistant the day Auburn leaves for its regional...

Here's an article from the Montgomery Advertiser when Bohannon was hired at Auburn.

The two national assistant coaches of the year will be in the same Auburn dugout for the 2016 season.

Auburn head coach Butch Thompson announced the first member of his staff Tuesday afternoon with the hiring of Kentucky assistant coach Brad Bohannon.

Bohannon won the 2015 Baseball America and American Baseball Coaches Association National Assistant Coach of the Year award one season after his new boss Thompson took home that title in 2014.

Bohannon, 40, spent the last 12 seasons at Kentucky, where he assisted in overseeing the best 11-year run in program history. Bohannon is noted as one of the nation’s best recruiters and has been a major element to the talent influx to the Wildcats baseball program over the last decade that has included their first Southeastern Conference championship in program history, the first NCAA Regional held in Lexington and three record-breaking win seasons including a program record 45 wins in 2012.

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
Lotta upside and a lotta downside risk. Upside: hot young assistant who already knows and recruits the area. Weakens our in-state rival while hopefully strengthening us. Downside: Auburn ties mean our AD will really get hammered if Bohannon doesn't work out. Unproven as head coach.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I just now learned the man exists, so I have no opinion on him.

If we hired a barn assistant to replace Saban this site would explode.

Sounds like a good hire on paper but so did Goff. A bit of a risk but we have nowhere to go but up. If he just inserts a positive mindset into the baseball program he will be an improvement.

Welcome to Alabama, Coach Bohannon. I wish you well and hope to see you in Omaha soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
I like this hire. He's got a good pedigree, recruits well, and consistently produces winners wherever he's been. Yes it's risky, as with any hire, but I'm on board until there's cause for alarm. I think the BB program is in good hands. Welcome, Coach Bohannon. RTR!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I admit I was hoping for a bigger name, and I was hoping if we hired an assistant it was Dunn. There is no question though that the barn has killed us in state with recruiting in the past.

This hire doesn't have me all giddy like I hoped though, and it sure was quick. I'll wait to truly pass judgement until he hires his staff.

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
I'm not a big baseball follower, but I'm glad they hired someone that knows how to recruit in a state that has the scholarship limitations we do.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
I hope the guy works out and hope that he can bring us to not only competing again but making us a regular at making regionals, hosting supers and beyond; but I keep getting this queasy feeling in my gut that we just hired a guy from the one school that our recently fired, after one season coach, swept.

Hopefully he works out and I will be there to watch and give him the same chance that I gave the last guy. I do like his recruiting prowess and we have been losing out on the best available in state talent to other schools including some JCs. And, then there is the out of state targets that want to come here and the whole out of state tuition issue that is beyond his control....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.