Brad Bohannon Named Head Coach
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

2. Advertisement

Re: Brad Bohannon Named Head Coach

So Bama hires away an Auburn assistant the day Auburn leaves for its regional...

Here's an article from the Montgomery Advertiser when Bohannon was hired at Auburn.

The two national assistant coaches of the year will be in the same Auburn dugout for the 2016 season.

Auburn head coach Butch Thompson announced the first member of his staff Tuesday afternoon with the hiring of Kentucky assistant coach Brad Bohannon.

Bohannon won the 2015 Baseball America and American Baseball Coaches Association National Assistant Coach of the Year award one season after his new boss Thompson took home that title in 2014.

Bohannon, 40, spent the last 12 seasons at Kentucky, where he assisted in overseeing the best 11-year run in program history. Bohannon is noted as one of the nationís best recruiters and has been a major element to the talent influx to the Wildcats baseball program over the last decade that has included their first Southeastern Conference championship in program history, the first NCAA Regional held in Lexington and three record-breaking win seasons including a program record 45 wins in 2012.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar

Is this a good hire? Not familiar with him.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0424 View Post
    Is this a good hire? Not familiar with him.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Judging by the overall reaction on Twitter, yes. He's apparently a great recruiter and coach.
    -- Coach Bryant

Good hire. Recruited a lot of talented players to both Kentucky and Auburn. Hopefully he can do the same here.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

That was quick.

BamaNation First Team

Lotta upside and a lotta downside risk. Upside: hot young assistant who already knows and recruits the area. Weakens our in-state rival while hopefully strengthening us. Downside: Auburn ties mean our AD will really get hammered if Bohannon doesn't work out. Unproven as head coach.
    A
    A
    Well, get un-tired, because tonite is 2-for-1 crab legs at Captain OíLanders.

This is good hire. He can turn around the program in short amount of time. Helps with our players...
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

I just now learned the man exists, so I have no opinion on him.

If we hired a barn assistant to replace Saban this site would explode.

Sounds like a good hire on paper but so did Goff. A bit of a risk but we have nowhere to go but up. If he just inserts a positive mindset into the baseball program he will be an improvement.

Welcome to Alabama, Coach Bohannon. I wish you well and hope to see you in Omaha soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this is good.

Welcome Coach Bohannon!

Roll Tide!
    Bama 910-318-44 73.2% On the field

26 SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

He has to be a net step up from Goff after all the crap that came out about him. I can't imagine anyone being much worse at this point.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Hopefully now I can stop trying to explain to my 9 yr old son (who has recently taken a liking to baseball) why Alabama "always loses".
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Appears to be a good hire and hopefully he can mend the fences with the AL high school coaches and players.