News Article: From Horns 247 - "Could Mack Brown Coach Again?"

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I didn't think he could coach before.

Seriously - anyone who cannot win national titles at Texas with all that money and all those so-called advantages blah blah blah.......

As always happens, one team's ascent coincides with another's demise that makes things easier on the ascendant team. Brown benefited from the implosion - during his tenure in Austin - of Nebraska not being the 90s version, Colorado deep sixing, Texas Tech never playing defense, and Franchione taking his "on the road again" tour to College Station.

I regard Brown as a whiner anyway (insert 2004 BCS bowl berth that stole Aaron Rodgers's Rose Bowl and "if Colt hadn't got hurt")

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Well, there might be quite a few openings this December, but not sure if a high profile program will take a chance on a 66-67 year old coach. Possibly an AAC program might give him an interview, I just find it hard to believe he would land another P5.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
He is on some committee to explore starting football at UT-Rio Grand Valley. Not sure how far along they are in the studying process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Mack Brown couldn't coach before... At least for a number of years. His Offensive ideas were old and Defenses had long since worked out schemes around them... At talent rich Texas they failed to perform and lost too many games because of poor coaching decisions. Recruiting sank under Brown. Coaches began to raid the talent rich state and take away the top talent. When a lot of talent left Texas the money started to dry up. TAMU going to the SEC was a kick in the teeth to Brown. TAMU recruited better in the SEC and Texas dollars came their way.
LONG ANSWER... Yeah, Mack Brown can coach again, if a team would hire him. BUT... Nowadays Mack would be considered a 2nd or 3rd rate talent as a coach. He would have to prove himself again at a smaller school before a larger school would consider him... Then there's this... MACK BROWN IS OVER THE HILL.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.