News Article: Will college football teams go back to the bus for team travels?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
With the kinda $$$$$ being generated at all these games & the price us Fans pay to go to the games..I don't feel bad for the schools in the least bit..I'm sure they will go up on prices fans pay to cover everything..

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Interesting. How long till some programs just buy their own jet planes (or plane shares with other institutions)?

Facing Charter Shortage, College Football Reconsiders the Bus?
You mean teams don't have a way to travel to play football. Don't blame me. I'm spoiled, I'm a life long Alabama Fan. Seriously... Some of the smaller Universities will feel the pinch of travel expenses, while teams like Alabama, USC, OSU, Michigan, Michigan State will coast along...

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Noooooo! :eek:

Alabama will fly as long as possible. I don't see that changing any time soon. The same crew flies them everywhere they go. I'm beyond blessed to be a part of that. We didn't fly them to the Sugar Bowl vs. Ohio State. At the time several factors went into play. I thought it was horrible: I was so upset. Turned out to be the best thing. Coach Saban had a HORRIBLE experience with the carrier that took them. I never even knew he cared. He does. :cool2:

Last edited:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I noticed one line about "missing classes" if buses were brought back, but that didn't seem to be a problem back in the thirties and forties. I assume the classes could be adjusted as they were back then.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.