2018 Prospect: RB Asa Martin Signs with Auburn

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: RB Asa Martin

Funny thing about Martin - he didn't think he fit Alabama's RB style. Then, he saw A-Day and realized Daboll isn't like Kiffin and Sark when it comes to getting the RBs the ball. Since then, he's been very interested in Bama.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Funny thing about Martin - he didn't think he fit Alabama's RB style. Then, he saw A-Day and realized Daboll isn't like Kiffin and Sark when it comes to getting the RBs the ball. Since then, he's been very interested in Bama.
Good call and I agree. His high school video reminds me of Alvin Kamara and he can be a big weapon in our new offense.

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006

Good looking RB, shifty and with good hands. I think he could be very successful at Bama.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

It sounds like we have another recruiting machine with Coach Daboll..I was at A-Day & loved the play calling under Coach Daboll..I would be excited as well if I was a RB or WR being recruited by The Tide..

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

Anyone have any updates on Martin? He announces 8/24 I believe. Are we still in good shape?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I wouldn't be surprise if he choose auburn. he would have to be very brazen and confident if he decided to come to Bama with our loaded backfield.
Agreed. I am now wondering if we miss on Asa do we take a RB in this class since this is going to be a smaller class than normal.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

I wouldn't be surprise if he choose auburn. he would have to be very brazen and confident if he decided to come to Bama with our loaded backfield.
That would be a great quality to have as a player. CNS has shown time and time again that if you can play as a freshmen (meaning got a good handle on the playbook and can be a contributor), you will play no matter how deep the position, especially at RB. And if the reports are they are looking at him as like a RB role like Drake had, he will definitely see playing time IF he comes in and competes and do the things he needs to be successful. But again, that goes for every player. All that being said, I hope he choose to Roll with the Tide tomorrow

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Agreed. I am now wondering if we miss on Asa do we take a RB in this class since this is going to be a smaller class than normal.
TJ,

Given the demands of the position and who might be leaving after the season, I can't see how we won't bring somebody in.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

That would be a great quality to have as a player. CNS has shown time and time again that if you can play as a freshmen (meaning got a good handle on the playbook and can be a contributor), you will play no matter how deep the position, especially at RB. And if the reports are they are looking at him as like a RB role like Drake had, he will definitely see playing time IF he comes in and competes and do the things he needs to be successful. But again, that goes for every player. All that being said, I hope he choose to Roll with the Tide tomorrow
...and be a good protection blocker. :cool2:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

What loaded backfield? When this class gets to campus, Bo and Damien are most likely gone. Ronnie Clark and Marks haven't been key contributors. That leaves Jacobs (Junior) and two sophomores (Najee and B-Rob).

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

What loaded backfield? When this class gets to campus, Bo and Damien are most likely gone. Ronnie Clark and Marks haven't been key contributors. That leaves Jacobs (Junior) and two sophomores (Najee and B-Rob).
So... it won`t be the depth chart if Asa heads to the barn ( or is it more accurate to say " when " ). Must be the fambly.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.