Any ***No Spoilers*** Reviews of Pirates #5?

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
My boys have seen POTC: Dead Men Tell No Tales, but I have not yet seen it myself. If you've seen it, please share your ***no spoilers*** thoughts.

Thanks!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It's..... okay. I think after the 2nd movie they have increased the Jack Sparrow one liners to the point that they get too excessive. I think what saves this from being as bad as the 4th one is Javier Bardem is a way better bad guy as Salazar than Ian Mcshane as Blackbeard. I think the post credit scene also lets you go home on a high and optimistic note, so that probably plays a huge factor in it as well.

6.5/10

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'll say this... if you just want a popcorn flick and somewhat have liked the other pirates of the Caribbean movies then check it out. But if you are looking at something good to see with action then you probably will get more of your money's worth going to see Wonder Woman or the Mummy.

How I rank the pirates films

1. Dead man's chest
2. Curse of the black pearl
3. At Worlds end
4. Dead men tell no tales
5. On Stranger tides.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I'll say this... if you just want a popcorn flick and somewhat have liked the other pirates of the Caribbean movies then check it out. But if you are looking at something good to see with action then you probably will get more of your money's worth going to see Wonder Woman or the Mummy.

How I rank the pirates films

1. Dead man's chest
2. Curse of the black pearl
3. At Worlds end
4. Dead men tell no tales
5. On Stranger tides.
That's how I rank the first three movies as well. Strange how second movies in a series always seem to be the best while the third ones are typically a let down to some degree. Revenge of the Jedi, shiver me timbers. Godfather Part III, so Michael becomes a wus, oh well.

You mentioned the new Mummy movie. If you've seen that one feel free to post a thread reviewing it. I'm curious how it turned out.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
That's how I rank the first three movies as well. Strange how second movies in a series always seem to be the best while the third ones are typically a let down to some degree. Revenge of the Jedi, shiver me timbers. Godfather Part III, so Michael becomes a wus, oh well.
I kinda think Davey Jones, Norington, and Will Turner carried the movie in Dead Man's Chest, and Jack was more in the background and comic relief. The problem is they decided after that to cash in all on Jack.

You mentioned the new Mummy movie. If you've seen that one feel free to post a thread reviewing it. I'm curious how it turned out.
The Mummy comes out this week so I haven't seen it. But I'm more banking on Tom Cruise making it a worthwhile summer action movie. Also Pirates 5 is basically Pirates 4 with a better bad guy, and a slightly better story.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.