9 of the last 10 national champs have either *been* Saban’s Bama or *beaten* Saban’s

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I think its more impressive that, with the exceptions being 2007 and 2010, we have been in NC contention going into the Iron Bowl every year but 2.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Not really. It was Saban coached team and the game was a slug fest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah but Bama weren't contenders in 2007, which is what the statistic implies.

Overall it's not that surprising when you think about it. They've been the best program in the best conference in the country over that span. Remarkable success and consistency but having watched CFB over that span I don't think this stat would shock anyone.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
2010 Auburn needed a 24-point comeback to win the Iron Bowl. (The Tigers miiiight’ve snuck into the BCS title game at No. 2, but TCU was undefeated at No. 3.)
If TCU was undefeated at #3, there's no way Auburn gets in above them if Bama would've continued to throttle the Barn in the second half.

To this day, that is the most disappointing game I've ever witnessed in all my years of watching Bama football (since the mid/late 70's). I can't recall a time when we were dominating a team like that only to literally fall to pieces and lose. It not only cost us a 3 peat NC (most likely cause we wouldn't handled Oregon), but it allowed our most bitter rival to erase years of frustration and win one (even if we know it was done with a bought player).

I don't believe in God having a hand in sports, but after I watched Mark Ingram's fumble roll 20 yards down the sideline and not bounce out of bounds and go all the way into the endzone to give the Barn the ball in a change of possession and to keep us from scoring again to make the game virtually out of reach in the first half, it challenged that belief!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
If TCU was undefeated at #3, there's no way Auburn gets in above them if Bama would've continued to throttle the Barn in the second half.

To this day, that is the most disappointing game I've ever witnessed in all my years of watching Bama football (since the mid/late 70's). I can't recall a time when we were dominating a team like that only to literally fall to pieces and lose. It not only cost us a 3 peat NC (most likely cause we wouldn't handled Oregon), but it allowed our most bitter rival to erase years of frustration and win one (even if we know it was done with a bought player).

I don't believe in God having a hand in sports, but after I watched Mark Ingram's fumble roll 20 yards down the sideline and not bounce out of bounds and go all the way into the endzone to give the Barn the ball in a change of possession and to keep us from scoring again to make the game virtually out of reach in the first half, it challenged that belief!
Yeah, same here. I'm no physics major but that seemed to defy several laws of physics. I kept yelling "GO OUT OF BOUNDS! GO OUT OF BOUNDS!!!" and that funny shaped pigskin kept rolling forward. UNREAL!!!!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Correct...when I wrote that about the 3 peat I was probably thinking about another "infamous" Bama/barn game that ended with...well, you know.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
This season could make it 10 of the last 11 National Champs, since we play FSU in the opener. Whoever wins that game will be the solid #1 the following week and be favored by most pundits to win the NC. It's even possible we'd play them a second time in the playoff.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Yeah, same here. I'm no physics major but that seemed to defy several laws of physics. I kept yelling "GO OUT OF BOUNDS! GO OUT OF BOUNDS!!!" and that funny shaped pigskin kept rolling forward. UNREAL!!!!
I'm not allowed to post what I said on that play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.